Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

need some selling advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
So I am considering selling my doubles to get some turn around for collection pickups.

If I do no more than 20 per card it leaves me at about 5500 total cards.

with COMC my understanding is that it would cost me $1000 to send in and the $50 a month to host. Them shipping is nice, but they will have to sell a crap load of cards to make up for the original $1000. I also lose 20% if I want to buy stuff on ebay or get cash sent to me.

with sportlots I have to ship my own stuff. Also since I have never sold doubles before I expect to pay 27% in fees. This would be more than I pay on ebay.

with ebay I have to deal with morons.

My benifit is that I can sell cards for $1 when everyone else is selling them for $.18. I can do this because people will pay more per card to have to only pay 1 shipping fee.

If you were me what would you do?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
How must postage & time would you be saving going the COMC route? Is it worth it to you?

20% is not that much, by the way, if you compare it to all of eBay's & Paypal's fees.

autocut

i deal with morons on eBay all the time. Soon as I clear out all loose ends, no more "morons". out of all honesty, I find more morons on message boards (not this one), which is another reason I went back to selling on eBay.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
MacK said:
How must postage & time would you be saving going the COMC route? Is it worth it to you?

20% is not that much, by the way, if you compare it to all of eBay's & Paypal's fees.
Right. On ebay, Fixed price and paypal is 15% and you have to do the work so for 5% more, they do the listing, scanning, selling and shipping for you

Members online

Latest posts