Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What five products should donruss bring back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
For now assume no previous product is off limits.

Id love the following to return:
Certified, threads, absolute, elite (reg) and probably prime cuts.

That way all the price points would be covered from $5 to $75

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
IndyManning18 said:
Ohhhhhhhhh...Panini. ::facepalm::

Panini is not Donruss, Leaf or Playoff. Hell, Leaf isn't even Leaf anymore.

Hahah, excellent point. I am interested to see what products they are going to sling.

skrip

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
As nice as they might have been, some things are better left in the past where they will be appreciated more. Besides even if old stuff were revived we all know people would still complain about it anyway :|

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Do any of you people clamoring over this new license even know that DLP wasn't Donruss/Leaf/Panini??? It was Donruss/Leaf/Playoff.

Panini bought the remnants of whatever was left, or however that worked. BG owns Leaf for crying out loud!

It's not like we're gonna see a new Absolute Jumbo Patch set all of a sudden!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
RZimm11 said:
Do any of you people clamoring over this new license even know that DLP wasn't Donruss/Leaf/Panini??? It was Donruss/Leaf/Playoff.

Panini bought the remnants of whatever was left, or however that worked. BG owns Leaf for crying out loud!

It's not like we're gonna see a new Absolute Jumbo Patch set all of a sudden!
this.

and it's a mlbpa license people...c'mon

this is what we're getting from the Italian sticker Co

contenders_bb_hamiltonOption2-214x300.jpg

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ChasHawk said:

If the actual cards look this atrocious, I'll assume that this was all a plot by Topps to keep their monopoly and quiet all the complaining collectors. They'll say, "You may complain about what we're putting out, but remember, it would be a whole lot worse!"

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
DeliciousBacon said:
ChasHawk said:

If the actual cards look this atrocious, I'll assume that this was all a plot by Topps to keep their monopoly and quiet all the complaining collectors. They'll say, "You may complain about what we're putting out, but remember, it would be a whole lot worse!"
this is all they can do with a Player's Association license.

the MLBPA license & the MLBP license are two entirely different animals

MLBP owns ALL the rights to the uniform logos/color schemes

Serious question...how many people on this friggin site actually collect baseball cards?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
ChasHawk said:
DeliciousBacon said:
ChasHawk said:

this is all they can do with a Player's Association license.

the MLBPA license & the MLBP license are two entirely different animals

MLBP owns ALL the rights to the uniform logos/color schemes

Serious question...how many people on this friggin site actually collect baseball cards?

No, actually, I have never seen a baseball card in my life. In fact, I don't even know what they look like. I actually thought this forum was about canning my own vegetables. Pardon me for thinking that these JC Penney photo studio monstrosities look like a sick joke by Topps.

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
BBCgalaxee said:
For now assume no previous product is off limits.

Id love the following to return:
Certified, threads, absolute, elite (reg) and probably prime cuts.

That way all the price points would be covered from $5 to $75

Hopefully they stick to just doing a few rookie based products and maybe a similar type of product to 2008 threads or 2008 legends (both of which are way below cost at this point). I don't think collectors are going to be that interested in these products unless Panini gets creative and acutally puts a lot of effort into their releases (which has yet to happen in their football and basketball brands). Just like the other companies they promise all tyes of great things, put out some cool sell sheets, but when the products actually release, they almost never live up to the hype...Just think about it Mike, you and I were both in the room when Panini presented us with their basketball release schedule and how great the new and improved products were going to be and how it looked like they were actually going to use our ideas on how to improve their products... What did we get? Ugly stickers, ugly design, poor value, and tons of redemptions. I really don't want that to transfer over into baseball because I cannot afford to lose any more customers...

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
They still own the remnants of the Babe Ruth $200K+ jersey right?, I saw a picture of a box full of what's left once. I heard one of the products they're making is Prime Patches.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Everyone saying Panini isn't DLP then what's this?
$(KGrHqEOKm4E5qNunF25BOcpTtfqFw~~60_3.JPG

And all the other sets they still make like Limited, Certifed etc(minus the "Leaf"). I think it's pretty much the same company just now owned by Panini. BG just has the name "leaf" and that old logo. Don't think they(new Leaf) have the right to produce the same sets DLP did.

As far as I know the first NBA set Panini started from scratch was Gold Standard. I would like for them to get a full license. They might put out some crap but so does everyone else. Bring back Absolute and introduce National Treasures to baseball!

Latest posts