Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4000 unique club.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Impressive!! Still a few away from that elusive club but always happy to see fellow collectors reach the milestone.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
That is an incredible site. Good to see a Player collector that puts that much time into something for fellow collectors.

Imagine if someone built and maintained something like that For Henderson or Griffey!

btw, can we see what 75,000 Juangone cards look like?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Lancemountain said:
That is an incredible site. Good to see a Player collector that puts that much time into something for fellow collectors.

Imagine if someone built and maintained something like that For Henderson or Griffey!

btw, can we see what 75,000 Juangone cards look like?
yes. just sign up and click on my name.then click on a year. click on a card and you can see that card.try it.

noaskiecards

Sep 19, 2008
congrats - i like the camaraderie that the site offers to collectors of juan gone...he was a force in the 90s

Being a fan of his in 1996 and 1998 had to have been nice to see him get those MVP honors

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
nosterbor said:
We just had a member at the Juangone.com site hit the 4000 unique club. Congrats to Aaron,AKA ( juanzalez ). that now makes 4 Juan Gonzalez collectors with over 4000 unique.

http://juangone.com/collection.php?u=167

Couple takes...

1) This site is awesome!
2) 4,000 different cards is incredible and def a milestone!
3) Belle only has 2,439 cards and then some non Beckett recognized cards, but either way I'll probably never make the milestone ::facepalm::
4) there are some guys on the site with like 20 Juans ? lol... I think I could dig up 40 if I looked through my boxes

Good stuff! Wish there was a Belle site like that. I'd like to think I'd be toward the top

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Lancemountain said:
no I mean a picture of all of them :lol:
icon_lol.gif

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Thanks guys. the site was developed in 06 by an avid Juan collector who lives in SO CAL. Freddie. I was turned on to this site by a guy i met on ebay ( of all place's ) Gonzaleznut,who is now a member here. When i first found it, i was shocked at how much work that went in this collector site. Freddie is a genius! We have all put work into what the stie is today, adding scans of cards when we get them. 90%+ of all the Juan cards have scans. Most of the ones we do not have are mostly the 1/1's. It has been a great group effort by all the collectors to keep it going. Freddie has been a great guy and does not charge us anything and maintains the site. Kudos to him for that.

I love the site and it makes for some great talks about cards that have been found by other members. And some heated arguments also
icon_e_surprised.gif
icon_lol.gif
This is one we have been trying to figure out. Is it real? We have debunked alot of fakes in the past ,but the jury is still out on this one.

http://juangone.com/showthread.php?t=1051

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I would love to someday have 4000+ Hendersons. I would also like to have a site like that for my fellow Henderson cronies. I'm sure between all of us we have close to every card made. It would be nice to see them together at one time. I've thought about donating my stuff to the Hall if something ever happens to me. Are they interested in cards and memorabilia? Auto bats, coins, figures, plates, magazines and cards?

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
I can concur with Rob (nosterbor). The Juan collector site is easily the best one I have ever seen. Even though I sold my entire Juan collection this past summer, I still follow the goings on on the site just to keep up.

There are about 10 or so "serious" Juan collectors on the site and between them I bet they have 99% of the unique cards of Juan in existence (not counting the 1/1s). Like Rob said, one of the best things about the site are all of the scans. If you don't have a particular card, at least you can see what it looks like.

I have been to Rob's house a couple of times and seen his 75,000 card Juan collection in person. All I can say is WOW!! He keeps every card in a peeny sleeve and top loaders within 5,000 count boxes. They are all arranged by year and brand. It is a seriously impressive site.

I think Freddie (developer of the Juan site) could have a pretty nice side business hosting and developing individual collector sites for the major player collectors out there.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
nosterbor said:
I love the site and it makes for some great talks about cards that have been found by other members. And some heated arguments also
icon_e_surprised.gif
icon_lol.gif
This is one we have been trying to figure out. Is it real? We have debunked alot of fakes in the past ,but the jury is still out on this one.

http://juangone.com/showthread.php?t=1051

I don't think these are fake, but I don't think they're rare enough to drop over $300 on one. Back in 1990 I remember having several 1990 UD with missing holograms, and I bet I ended up throwing them out when I replaced them with "regular" copies. Seems to me that there shouldn't be any problem finding UD cards missing holograms, all they had to do was somehow miss the stamping process yet still be cut up into cards. I even pulled a dozen or so hologram-less cards from 2008 UD Heroes retail packs. No way there's not more of these out there somewhere.

Members online