Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the baseball moment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
that you never get tired of watching again and again.

My first is probably Rick Monday "saving" the American flag.
I also love re-watching The Kirby Puckett catch where he seems to elevate about 7 feet to make a catch.

Bonus: My hardest to watch is what the Yankees did to that Arizona reliever (cant remember his name)--Brutal.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Luis Gonzalez game-winning hit in Game 7 of the 2001 World Series.

Sammy Sosa taking center field with the flag in his cap after 9/11.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
Bernie Williams 1996 LCS Game 1 Walk off HR (aka Jeffrey Maier game). I was in the bleachers for this. I get chills everytime. That and the Aaron Boone HR could loop all day and I'd watch.

ripken2131_8

Feb 4, 2011
Savannah, GA
I was in the crowd at Turner Field last post season when Eric Hinske hit that home run to give the Braves the lead in Game 3 of the NLDS. It was pandemonium. I was in section 403 and the seats were shaking. There was such emotion in the stadium and was absolutely incredible to experience.

My most painful was in the same game, next inning, when Brooks Conrad accidentally grabbed a glove that had a hole in it and took the field :-(

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Dave Roberts stealing second off of Rivera in the playoffs and beating Posadas throw en route to winning the W.S. never gets old for me. :D

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
MojoDan said:
Dave Roberts stealing second off of Rivera in the playoffs and beating Posadas throw en route to winning the W.S. never gets old for me. :D

In my top 5 for sure--great play by a great guy.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
This may be sad......but the moment I may have watched (tried to find) the most is that Manny Ramirez play where he dives in the outfield to cut off Damon's throw for no godly reason.
:lol:
It's so ridiculous, to this day, I still laugh and am dumbfounded by it.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Lifelongfan said:
that you never get tired of watching again and again.

My first is probably Rick Monday "saving" the American flag.
I also love re-watching The Kirby Puckett catch where he seems to elevate about 7 feet to make a catch.

Bonus: My hardest to watch is what the Yankees did to that Arizona reliever (cant remember his name)--Brutal.

Byung-Hyun Kim

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... by01.shtml

...mine-

"[Keith] Foulke to the set, the 1-0 pitch, here it is ... swing and a ground ball, stabbed by Foulke. He has it. He underhands to first. And the Boston Red Sox are the world champions. For the first time in 86 years, the Red Sox have won baseball's world championship. Can you believe it?"

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
"... and the 0-1 pitch on the way to Edgar Martinez, swung on and LINED DOWN THE LEFT FIELD LINE FOR A BASE HIT! Here comes Joey! Here is Junior to 3rd base - they're going to wave him in! The throw to the plate will be... late! The Mariners are going to play for the American League Championship! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! It just continues, MY OH MY!

GriffeySelectAP.jpg

RIP Dave

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
RustyGreerFan said:
"... and the 0-1 pitch on the way to Edgar Martinez, swung on and LINED DOWN THE LEFT FIELD LINE FOR A BASE HIT! Here comes Joey! Here is Junior to 3rd base - they're going to wave him in! The throw to the plate will be... late! The Mariners are going to play for the American League Championship! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! It just continues, MY OH MY!

GriffeySelectAP.jpg

RIP Dave

Great post! Saved me from going to my Photobucket!!!! Baseball actually meant something in Seattle!!!!

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
chevyfany2k2 said:
mine has to be watching hank aaron break babe ruth's home run record with i was a kid

I like that moment---but I hate that those two guys ran onto the field--I keep hoping someday they will be edited out...lol

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Rafael Belliard's lone home run as a Brave. It is probably similar to the wait Cubs fans are going through between World Series championships :lol: .

Actually, it would probably be Sid Bream scoring on Cabrera's hit to beat the Pirates or the Braves closing out the 95 WS. Otis Nixon climbing the wall in center was cool too.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
Ventura charging the mound on Ryan and getting half way and then getting second thoughts and was like F it! I'm almost to him and then got his As$ handed to him :lol: :lol: I will ad the vid in a sec. ;) Hmmm? can't find it on youtube but you all remember how it went down! :cool:

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Jerry Koosman pitching the ball to Davey Johnson.
Davey Johnson hitting a drive to left field.
Cleon Jones catching Davey Johnson's drive with both hands.
The 1969 Mets winning the World Series.
Rewind and watch again, and again, and again... :D