Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Today's Game... Jim Thome IP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
First off, 10 years ago today, MLB resumed play after 9/11. I thought that was interesting that I was at an MLB game 10 years later.

Alrighty...

So, there were some small highlights, and some giant highlights. The Twins self destructed, but I got to see Perk play for the first time (that I know of). He went 1-2-3 in his inning with 1 K. That guy has an arm. I was trying to graph some Twins, and he and Nathan were 5-10 feet in front of me, behind the foul line on the right field side. Either Nathan said something to Perk, or Perk said "watch this" and he grabbed a ball and chucked it at the bullpen on the opposite end of the field :shock: (not out of anger, everyone was really laid back today). He didn't sign though, but I am not surprised.

Chris Parmalee debuted 11 days ago, and hit career #1 home run today, going 372 feet to right field. We had printout stubs but I found a real stub sticking out of a promo calender after the game. I plan to have it signed.

After the game, there was a 19th Century base-ball demonstration. One inning per, but it was cool.

Now for the big stuff. Part of the reason we chose this game was to see Jim Thome. Despite chants in the bottom of the ninth, he did not play, but he did show a lot of class. Before the game, he did warm-ups by himself. This consisted of him running along the outfield wall from left to right. There weren't too many fans in the park at that time, but they would cheer as he passed and he would wave to them or say something to them. He did this 3 times. After he was done running, he started signing :eek: :shock:

Guess who the person last in line was? :cool:

313886_2029287457242_1395758930_31955828_1512266750_n.jpg

I forgot to prep the Sharpie beforehand, but that's okay. It's still a nice sig. Not a cheap one. He talked to just about everyone in line. I ended up calling my dad after he signed :lol:

I could have gotten Perez, but I was talking to the guy in line next to me and I didn't get him.

I did get Ubaldo, but the scorecard is out in the car that I got him on, so pic early tomorrow morning.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
I always imagined that you looked like this....

article-2016142-0D104D5400000578-116_233x423.jpg

from the looks of the reflection... I was wrong.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
vwnut13 said:
TB, you said you have long hair, now you say you don't have a head? hmmmm

I still have long hair where my head should be, but I have no head. It's very confusing and I have baffled many of the world's top scientists.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
P_Manning 18 said:

I hate it when people do that. Especially when they toss their hat on sideways.

I can see this thread de-railed a bit earlier than expected.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
P_Manning 18 said:

This but younger, and more portley. I have long hair which many of those around me call the man mane, but I'm a drummer so it works out. Congrats on the sig, I was a Thome Twins super collector but they traded him suddenly. I've tried to keep the collection going, but am still a little sad that he's no longer here.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
TBTwinsFan said:
First off, 10 years ago today, MLB resumed play after 9/11. I thought that was interesting that I was at an MLB game 10 years later.

Alrighty...

So, there were some small highlights, and some giant highlights. The Twins self destructed, but I got to see Perk play for the first time (that I know of). He went 1-2-3 in his inning with 1 K. That guy has an arm. I was trying to graph some Twins, and he and Nathan were 5-10 feet in front of me, behind the foul line on the right field side. Either Nathan said something to Perk, or Perk said "watch this" and he grabbed a ball and chucked it at the bullpen on the opposite end of the field :shock: (not out of anger, everyone was really laid back today). He didn't sign though, but I am not surprised.

Chris Parmalee debuted 11 days ago, and hit career #1 home run today, going 372 feet to right field. We had printout stubs but I found a real stub sticking out of a promo calender after the game. I plan to have it signed.

After the game, there was a 19th Century base-ball demonstration. One inning per, but it was cool.

Now for the big stuff. Part of the reason we chose this game was to see Jim Thome. Despite chants in the bottom of the ninth, he did not play, but he did show a lot of class. Before the game, he did warm-ups by himself. This consisted of him running along the outfield wall from left to right. There weren't too many fans in the park at that time, but they would cheer as he passed and he would wave to them or say something to them. He did this 3 times. After he was done running, he started signing :eek: :shock:

I forgot to prep the Sharpie beforehand, but that's okay. It's still a nice sig. Not a cheap one. He talked to just about everyone in line. I ended up calling my dad after he signed :lol:

I could have gotten Perez, but I was talking to the guy in line next to me and I didn't get him.

I did get Ubaldo, but the scorecard is out in the car that I got him on, so pic early tomorrow morning.
Lets have a new contest. Guess what the hell Thome signed.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
nosterbor said:
TBTwinsFan said:

Alrighty...

Lets have a new contest. Guess what the hell Thome signed.

indians helmet?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
nosterbor said:
looks like the ball of a trailer hitch to me.

Those are smaller and about 1/3rd the size without the top of the Indians logo. Plus they are silver and shaped different.

It is an Indians mini helmet. I really didn't think Thome would sign, so I brought it for the lower end guys.

Thank you to the commenters who commented about the sig. I know guessing what I look like is all in good fun, but I am just wanting to share the signature that I got.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TGutta said:
Very sweet TB, glad to see you had some success. I was actually thinking of going to the game and trying and guess I should have now haha

Thanks!

You probably would have gotten him. He signed for everyone along the Indians side. He wasn't allowed to sign 600 stubs, but he would wait for the guys with them to get something else out. He was nice about it too which was cool.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
My son got him twice.

Scan10214.jpg

The 2nd time, he was holed up in the back of the dugout as he had back pains from sleeping on a spring training hotel room mattress... I held the picture for a few minutes on the side of the dugout; he saw me (I didn't say anything), gave me the "1 minute" signal, and then had a batboy come over, take the picture... I yelled and asked if he could sign it to Carson... obviously, he did. He didn't sign anything else for anyone. Knew it wasn't going on eBay...

Members online

Latest posts