Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Minor Leaguers Playing For Peanuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Many minor leaguers play for just a few thousand a month, if that. Early in my legal career, I represented a few major league teams for their FSL teams and seeing the minor league contracts was eye opening.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I know that independent league players make very little. In Schaumburg, flyers players are hosted by families.

I always thought that players that were drafted and played for mlb affiliate clubs made at least enough to live off of.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
However, if/when they make the 40 man roster they receive the league minimum. That's the reason why you see so many AAAA players sticking around. Heck, Curtis Pride played AAA ball well into his late 30's while a member of the Angels' organization...not a bad career choice.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
snoopy.jpg

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
shayscards79 said:
I know that independent league players make very little. In Schaumburg, flyers players are hosted by families.

I always thought that players that were drafted and played for mlb affiliate clubs made at least enough to live off of.

The BEST IND players make around $100K if I am correct, and even that seems really high.

Members online