Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ripken minor league mail with thanks to jradford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I have been behind on posting thanks to some great folks for some acts of generosity. Hopefully I can catch up today.

I received a note from Joel asking about my interest in a piece of Ripken memorabilia. Not knowing the value I had to rely on a Ripken expert for help. I offered the appraisal + shipping.

There are a lot of "collectors" that find someone with a specific collection and hold items hostage. Not only did Joel work with me, he even sent it before getting paid. I can't say enough about his willingness to make this happen.

Here is it, a 1981 AAA Rochester Red Wings program signed by Cal Ripken, Jr. The program includes a handout dated June 14. The program was signed while Cal was with the Wings. Also on the program is Kevin Kennedy.

1981program.jpg

scan0012-1.jpg

Thanks Joel!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
KLARNOLD said:
Nice piece...but why are 2 guys sharing a hot dog?

I am glad that I was not the only person to notice that!

jradford

Apr 27, 2009
Glad it got there in one piece. It has been sitting on my book shelf since 81, through 3 moves, and I managed not to loose it. Just glad it is in a better place where it will be appreciated more than I was showing.

If you look in the program, Cal got a HR that game.

Enjoy!

Members online