Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need help on this jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I bought this at TwinsFest 3 years ago from a guy for $75. He said he could not sell it for full price because it was dirty. One wash took care of that. I plan to use this in a signing next month while I have the chance, but I want to make sure it's authentic and not a Chinese ripoff. If any other pics or details are needed, I can provide them.

Jersey back:
GEDC0037.jpg

Nameplate:
GEDC0039.jpg

Numbers:
GEDC0040.jpg

Minne & Paul patch:
GEDC0038.jpg

Inside of jersey:
GEDC0041.jpg

Inner tag (Made in America):
GEDC0045.jpg

Outer tag:
GEDC0048.jpg

I just want to be sure so I figured I would consult people here. Thanks in advance!

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
It is 100% real - congrats on the purchase. I bought a Helton retail authentic for 25 a few years ago because it had some dirt by the wash tag.

Was the NOB, and inner care tag frying when you purchased it? Looks like it had been worn a handful of times.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
On the inside of the collar, a game-issued jersey should have a tag sewn in with a series of embroidered numbers denoting what season the jersey was from. I have a 2002 game-issued Blue Jays jersey bought from the team shop and the tag says something like "40 16 02 S2" which I was told indicates the size (40), jersey number (16), season (2002), and the jersey variation or series, in this case it's a road alternate jersey so I guess it was series 2.

If you need a pic I can post one. I'm not sure if they are on all teams and all years, or were just used by specific teams/years.

Hope this helps.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Superfractor said:
It is 100% real - congrats on the purchase. I bought a Helton retail authentic for 25 a few years ago because it had some dirt by the wash tag.

Was the NOB, and inner care tag frying when you purchased it? Looks like it had been worn a handful of times.

Awesome! I figured it was, but I wasn't sure.

As far as the fraying, that was me. I wore it a lot. Probably a lot more than I should have.

I have a friend who bought an Russell inaugural season Diamondbacks authentic, no-name jersey at a thrift store for like $3, signed by Buck Showalter. I think I bought it for $10 or so from him.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
olerud363 said:
On the inside of the collar, a game-issued jersey should have a tag sewn in with a series of embroidered numbers denoting what season the jersey was from. I have a 2002 game-issued Blue Jays jersey bought from the team shop and the tag says something like "40 16 02 S2" which I was told indicates the size (40), jersey number (16), season (2002), and the jersey variation or series, in this case it's a road alternate jersey so I guess it was series 2.

If you need a pic I can post one. I'm not sure if they are on all teams and all years, or were just used by specific teams/years.

Hope this helps.

This one is just authentic. I believe every year since 2006, the Twins have had a special patch on their sleeve and this one doesn't have anything besides the Minnie and Paul patch.

However, I bought a Kevin Mulvey GI 2 years ago for $75 from the Twins. It's a really unique item since he only played 2-3 games for them. I can use this info on that jersey to figure out what series it's from. Thanks!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
TBTwinsFan said:
olerud363 said:

Hope this helps.

This one is just authentic. I believe every year since 2006, the Twins have had a special patch on their sleeve and this one doesn't have anything besides the Minnie and Paul patch.

However, I bought a Kevin Mulvey GI 2 years ago for $75 from the Twins. It's a really unique item since he only played 2-3 games for them. I can use this info on that jersey to figure out what series it's from. Thanks!

Looks authentic to me, but not team issued. Retail authentics have 6200 and team issued authentics have 0062 on laundry tag. The name plate is also a authentic touch as most people don't take the time to use them. I have 50+ Henderson jerseys, all authentic but not game-used. I do have a few that I think are team issues though. Washing is fine, as I have washed mine many times. DO NOT DRY IT. Let it hang dry. Here's my writeup on how to care for authentic jerseys. Care for authentic jerseys

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not necessarily true...
I just bought an MLB authenticated GU Shawn Camp jersey, and it doesn't have that tag.
It is a special jersey that they only wore for 2 games in 2009 though, so that might make a difference,
olerud363 said:

Hope this helps.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
nofrills said:
Not necessarily true...
I just bought an MLB authenticated GU Shawn Camp jersey, and it doesn't have that tag.
It is a special jersey that they only wore for 2 games in 2009 though, so that might make a difference,
olerud363 said:

Hope this helps.

Agree, not all teams use the numbers to designate year, player or set. Some teams have the jock tags on the inside of the jersey, some on the outside. Some have the numbers (player, year, set) sewn into the inside collar. Some use little flags on the jock tag. Some don't use anything.

Members online

Latest posts