Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The forgotten Chrises of 2006 Bowman Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone else see both Marrero and Parmelee actually panning out ? Both are still young in actual years if not baseball years. I am Nats fan and really like what I see from Marrero; if he develops a little pop I think he will be a very productive bat.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
TraderJake said:
Anyone else see both Marrero and Parmelee actually panning out ? Both are still young in actual years if not baseball years. I am Nats fan and really like what I see from Marrero; if he develops a little pop I think he will be a very productive bat.

Parmalee blasted a 372 ft shot to right on Saturday for his first MLB homer. It was a good looking shot too.

Someone pulled the Parmalee super here 4-5 months back too.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Yes please!!!!!!!!!

So many refs and blue refs of these two guys laying around collecting dust.

My fave was the Chris Mattering 2006 tristar Gold / Green auto.

Most tristars had a base auto, gold green auto /50, and a gold/whit auto /25.

Marrero ONLY had a green/gold /50.

First ever auto and only 50 copies.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Mudcatsfan said:
Y
My fave was the Chris Mattering 2006 tristar Gold / Green auto.

Did something auto-correct "Marrero" into "Mattering"?

I'm not asking as a grammar ****, I just think it's interesting/funny. Like your electronic device also wants a Marrero comeback.
"No, really! He matters!"

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
TBTwinsFan said:
TraderJake said:

Parmalee blasted a 372 ft shot to right on Saturday for his first MLB homer. It was a good looking shot too.
Sure, but it was off Burnett, so, you know...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
D-Lite said:
TBTwinsFan said:
TraderJake said:

Which Burnett?

It was actually Josh Judy that tossed the winner of a pitch which he clubbed over the limestone in right.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
TBTwinsFan said:
D-Lite said:
TBTwinsFan said:
TraderJake said:

Which Burnett?

It was actually Josh Judy that tossed the winner of a pitch which he clubbed over the limestone in right.
Ah, it was his 2nd homerun, today off AJ.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
D-Lite said:
TBTwinsFan said:
[quote="D-Lite":hb5s60my]
TBTwinsFan said:
TraderJake said:

Which Burnett?

Ah, it was his 2nd homerun, today off AJ.[/quote:hb5s60my]

I should get the stub... I have his first homer. Problem is Mo Rivera's save made them pretty expensive.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Chris Parmelee is KILLING it again tonight.

Can this be for real???

Up to .400 on his (short) season debut now.

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
I'm in a 20 team fantasy keeper league where we have a 25 man minor league stash as well, I've been holding onto these two since the first year we started in 2008. I thought Parmelee might have another year before he got called up and thought that Marrero should have started the season out of spring training. It nice that they're both doing well on teams I'm a fan of. I was able to pick up a little stash of both before they got called up, didn't get anything crazy but happy to get what I did.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Every time I read this thread title for a second I think, what was the crisis with 2006 Bowman Draft? Was it a big problem? It must be important since the thread is reminding people who have forgotten.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
tpeichel said:
Every time I read this thread title for a second I think, what was the crisis with 2006 Bowman Draft? Was it a big problem? It must be important since the thread is reminding people who have forgotten.

i think the same thing. then i think about the "green" cases and the SOTT cases

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
tpeichel said:

i think the same thing. then i think about the "green" cases and the SOTT cases

I'm not familiar with those. Perhaps there is a forgotten crisis!

Members online

Latest posts