Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Finally have a buyer trying to put one over on me - Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
So here is the long and the short of it. I sold this card via best offer on sept. 7:
scan0073.jpg
scan0079-1.jpg

Buyer pays with echeck, it clears, I ship card in sleeve, toploader, team bag, bubble mailer inside of a small priority box.

Buyer puts card up for sale on ebay, with the description:
"Up for sale is a 2010 Stephen Strasburg Bowman Blue Rookie Autograph 155/250. This card is in nm to gem mint condition. Shipping will be Free. I accept paypal and payment is due within 3 days of auctions end. Thanks and Check out my other auctions

If card doesnt sell by first of the week will be sending it into beckett"

Buyer pulls auction after 2 offers and emails me asking to return the card "I got the card the two top corners are showing white alot of it and in scan u cant see it." (verbatim from email)
Funny, there's no mention of that in HIS description, heck, it's in such good shape he's gonna send it to beckett!
I already called ebay today to discuss the situation, and my fear is he couldn't sell it for what he wanted and dinged the card to pull the "item not described" card.
Do I have any hope on this one?

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
George_Calfas said:
It was insured correct? Tell the buyer to file a USPS claim since your scan show no damage.

BluesBroSJ said:
Night crew, any input?

Didn't like the response? You obviously know the chances you take as a seller and you dismiss help as if it wasn't there? No wonder there was only 4 replies to your thread....I wouldn't help an ass either.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
Lancemountain said:
Did you get a screen shot of his auction?

That I did.

And fandruw, I merely posted that to move it up for more eyes to see it, since this is seemingly becoming an epidemic on ebay. I did take the insurance claim into consideration and mentioned it to the buyer. As for the personal attack on me, go be a troll elsewhere, i'm no internet superhero, but there are plenty of people on this board who will vouch for my character. Just is frustrating to make the biggest sale i have ever made and am trying to avoid getting screwed by a shady buyer.

But an ass? Thanks for the laugh buddy. If my post got you that worked up, have a drink on me and :grouphug:

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
BluesBroSJ said:
Lancemountain said:
Did you get a screen shot of his auction?

That I did.

And fandruw, I merely posted that to move it up for more eyes to see it, since this is seemingly becoming an epidemic on ebay. I did take the insurance claim into consideration and mentioned it to the buyer. As for the personal attack on me, go be a troll elsewhere, i'm no internet superhero, but there are plenty of people on this board who will vouch for my character. Just is frustrating to make the biggest sale i have ever made and am trying to avoid getting screwed by a shady buyer.

But an ass? Thanks for the laugh buddy. If my post got you that worked up, have a drink on me and :grouphug:

It is the sellers responsibility to get it to the buyer in the same condition as posted. You as the seller are responsible for purchasing insurance to protect yourself. (At least according to ebay).

If ebay decides against you (which they almost always do regardless of how ****** the claim is) and you didnt purchase insurance you will be sol.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
Well, at least I bought insurance. Hopefully that helps some, and it was obviously in good enough shape for him to relist, and no damage was listed in his description. This situation just sucks.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
******** like that need to be blocked. Please let us know the ebay id so we can do so. And let us know how ebay decides also.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
BluesBroSJ said:
Well, at least I bought insurance. Hopefully that helps some, and it was obviously in good enough shape for him to relist, and no damage was listed in his description. This situation just sucks.

Make sure in his ebay claim that you provide the information about his auction, they will be able to see both images. You can win a dispute but you need to provide as much information as humanly possible. Make it clear, well written, and not defensive; the best defense is quality information and professionalism.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
sounds like buyer remorse...thinking he could flip it quickly but with less than stellar offers (lower than what he paid for), figured he should just do what he's doing to at least get his money back...geez..

I saw the complete listing of that seller's auction. username sounds familiar, but whether it was something good or bad, do not know...

sorry bud...def a pain in the butt situation...try your best to give your side but make sure to just keep the line of comm. bet you and ebay. don't need to contact the buyer bc if it gets heated, it could damage it, leave a neg, etc. keep it civil and hope it works out...happens to the best of us at least once. lol.

good luck

dave

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Just call ebay. give the item # of your sale. then give the item # of his listing. it is the same card same serial #. he can not send it back for a refund once he listed it. it is his! I had the same thing happen to me a year ago.When the person i talked to on the phone saw the 2 listings they said he could not do that. I won in 24 hr. You need to call ebay and not DICK around with emails and BS. CALL.

Members online

Latest posts