Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

After 8 years, white whale speared!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Well it's been 8 long years but my Red Sox white whale has finally come home.
When 2003 Donruss Signature came out I only opened 3 tins of it but it was one of my favorite products. I love the design and and on my third tin I hit the card below and I still have it.

quad.jpg
quad1.jpg

I promised myself that someday I would own one of its brothers, the Red Sox Inkredible 4.
After seeing this card rarely come up for sale and when it did having it go for between about $400 to $600, I was beginning to think I'd never own it. But last week my quest ended

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190574986500?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I would have gone a lot higher and this is the lowest this card has ever gone by a ton.

It arrived today and it's beautiful!

inkredsox.jpg
inkredsox1.jpg

Sorry for the long read but this has been a long time coming for me.
Thanks for the look!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
HUGE CONGRATS JAMES!!! :D :D :D :D

That card is a BEAUT and features two of my favorite Red Sox players of all time :cool: (Doerr & Pedro, of course!)

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Nice pickup! I remember opening a case of that hoping to hit one of those quads. I pretty much got demolished as this was the first product that they didn't seem to offer a 'case hit' that year. It was a fun break though and there was the opportunity to pull some cool stuff.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
rehmus said:
1. that is awesome. congrats.

2. i can think of 200 players to play for the Sox who would've been a better fit for that card than Rickey Henderson

I don't like that Rickey is on the back. He only played for them one year, but he is one of the greatest players ever. I'm rather have someone other than Manny on it.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Hendersonfan said:
rehmus said:

2. i can think of 200 players to play for the Sox who would've been a better fit for that card than Rickey Henderson

I don't like that Rickey is on the back. He only played for them one year, but he is one of the greatest players ever. I'm rather have someone other than Manny on it.

this is very laughable. No Manny and they're still suffering from trading Ruth.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Hendersonfan said:
rehmus said:

As a diehard Sox fan I can think of two people I'd rather have than Manny. Ted Williams and Carl Yastrzemski. That's it.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Awesome card, congrats! I think the title of that auction helped keep your price low. I wouldn't even begin to know
what to type to begin a search for that title. I don't thnk of Rickey as a Red Sox player but I do consider him one of the best all time players.
Congrats again!!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
beefycheddar said:
Hendersonfan said:
rehmus said:

As a diehard Sox fan I can think of two people I'd rather have than Manny. Ted Williams and Carl Yastrzemski. That's it.

Not sure why Yaz wasn't on it. I think the only reason Williams wasn't is that he was already gone.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I think that Rickey is on it because he played for them when the card was made. Although by the time it was released I'm sure he played for somebody else. :lol:

I always wanted one. Burnank had one readily available for years, but it was like $600. I can't believe how low this one went. And #01/25!? :eek: :shock:

Very nice addition to your collection. I'm jealous. :)

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Thanks all! I don't know why but I just really, really needed this card. I absolutely love it.
As for Henderson being on there, I agree, it is a little strange. I definitely would have preferred Yaz but as I don't have an auto of Rickey in a Red Sox uni, I'll certainly take it.
And any card with Bobby Doerr is automatically something I must have.
Thanks again fellas!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts