Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

STEAL alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Good luck, obviously you won it at auction so it may go lower...grade and if it doesn't meet min (of 9.5 I assume) will you tell potential bidders or list as mint?

Cancellierecards

Sep 9, 2011
Il
A_Pharis said:
Yeah, just because one has gone higher in the past doesn't make it the going rate. Steals usually require poor titles or mistaken BINs... looks like the prices just took a dip. Maybe it'll go back up for you.
I'm hoping.. I thought it was a steal until I saw Mredsox's post. But he's doing real good after his injury so they should go up

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Is that a crease or fold in the center of the top boarder or is it the penny sleeve?I wouldn't bother with grading.It look to OC.Hopefully it is just the scan.For that money I personally would have bought the Bowman Auto.

PS not trying to sound like a downer.Just giving my 2 cents which aren't worth **** :D

Cancellierecards

Sep 9, 2011
Il
hofmichael said:
Is that a crease or fold in the center of the top boarder or is it the penny sleeve?I wouldn't bother with grading.It look to OC.Hopefully it is just the scan.For that money I personally would have bought the Bowman Auto.

PS not trying to sound like a downer.Just giving my 2 cents which aren't worth shat :D
It's the penny sleeve. I asked the seller about the surface and edges and corners. This purchase was just kind of impulse lol. But it may not be THAT off center to grade. This one still got 9.5
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Bowman-Chr ... 0366927758

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Cancellierecards said:
hofmichael said:

PS not trying to sound like a downer.Just giving my 2 cents which aren't worth shat :D
It's the penny sleeve. I asked the seller about the surface and edges and corners. This purchase was just kind of impulse lol. But it may not be THAT off center to grade. This one still got 9.5
I am glad that is just the penny sleeve.Good luck with the grading.
Mike

Cancellierecards

Sep 9, 2011
Il
Thanks. Or hopefully he will just throw a perfect game Friday against the Braves and I could just sell right when the prices rise :lol:

hofmichael said:
Cancellierecards said:
hofmichael said:

I am glad that is just the penny sleeve.Good luck with the grading.
Mike

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I find it hilarious (almost comical) of people posting "steal" threads only to not do their research and pay the close to or the going rate for a card and calling it a "steal"!

Mike, you're a good guy but c'mon it would have been a steal if you got it for $200...not over $500 going into the off-season! :benson:

Well, hope you enjoy the card and it grades well! :D

Also, PEOPLE if you have a REAL STEAL, PLEASE don't post it until you have the card in-hand...really...it's not hard to wait a bit. I know you're excited and ready to share it with the world but control yourself!

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
always have to wonder why a card that old is not graded.

at least you can return it if it doesnt meet your expectations
There are people who don't care for grading. I know many myself and even though I grade once in a while it is for protection not for gem cards. To me it's a waste of money and space to grade non rookies where some want their whole collection graded. Different strokes for different folks.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Krom said:
ThoseBackPages said:

There are people who don't care for grading. I know many myself and even though I grade once in a while it is for protection not for gem cards. To me it's a waste of money and space to grade non rookies where some want their whole collection graded. Different strokes for different folks.

for this kind of card and selling on eBay, graded is always you best bet against chargeback

The "people who dont care for grading" and who deal in volatile cards like this are fools for
leaving money on the table, unless of course, they know there is something wrong with the card,
and it wouldnt grade well.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
Krom said:
ThoseBackPages said:

True but not all "pack fresh cards" will grade high enough to be worth the time and money. I have sold hundreds of modern cards with no issues, well except one that was lost at his job. :benson:
/quote]

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Krom said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Krom said:
ThoseBackPages said:

True but not all "pack fresh cards" will grade high enough to be worth the time and money.
/quote]

i totally agree with this. BUT then the seller of such cards has to say just that in the listing as protection for themselves when it comes to buyers crying to eBay, wanting their money back.

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
Why do people even buy pitchers with a history of arm trouble...its ways too risky.

Members online

Latest posts