Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card show Classicon this Fri-Sun Waterbury Ct.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I know its been advertised pretty nicely up in ct (ads, radio, etc), but for all who havent heard about it:

This Friday 5-9
Saturday 10-5 (live radio broadcast on I95 95.1)
Sunday 10-4

FREE GIVEAWAYS and admission is only $1 to enter Friday, $3 Sat or Sunday

At CoCo Key Hotel/Convention Center in Waterbury Ct.
SIGNERS:
Gooden (sun 11-1), Kranepool (SAT 12-2), Oil Can (sun 11-1) and Bob Sanley signing (SAT 11-1) plus a few others.

I believe its over 100 tables mixed with comics but promoter told me (been dealing with them for a while) its mostly cards.
For anyone who goes to the Stratford Ct. Show, the promoters of this show are the supply people before you enter the room.

Also, the convention center is attached to an indoor water park and is also only a few miles away from Lake Compunce Amusement park (check the hours of this).
Bring the family.....and it makes a great excuse to tell your wife ;)

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I just got back from Cali so I havent heard any commercials for this show, but now that I know about it I think I wil be there for a little while. I hope its much better than the Stratford show.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
At the show now have to say, despite the all out rain (and it being friday), attendance is pretty strong.

Also nice to see nearly every table filled and I assume the few which are not will be tomorrow.

More cards than I thought too.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Better than Stratford (its mostly the same people). The room is better set up, more room to move around and see things without climbing over or in between people. They need to identify the players at the signing tables. I saw one person get an auto, other than that Bob Stanley was just sitting there twirling the marker looking really bored.

I will be headed back tomorrow only to get Doc Gooden's auto.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
jumbojohnny said:
I saw one person get an auto, other than that Bob Stanley was just sitting there twirling the marker looking really bored.

I will be headed back tomorrow only to get Doc Gooden's auto.

Yea, their 1st mistake is charging for Stanley. haha
I found out that Doc is $25 and extra for inscriptions..ect
Stanley and oil can are $10 or $15.