Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Major changes to Topps Heritage MiLB from Initial releases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I was really excited for this product to come out but after going through the checklist changes from the inital one Topps put out as well as the differences in the sell sheets to the actual production numbers this set seems more likely to be a dud (like many have been saying all along).

These are the players who were dropped from the initial checklist that Blowout Cards had posted on their website:
Anthony Rizzo
Blake Beavan
Brett Oberholtzer
Carlos Triunfel
Chad James
Christian Villanueva
Dave Bromberg
Dayan Viciedo
Dee Gordon
Donavan Tate
Drew Cumberland
Dustin Ackley
Jameson Taillon
Jason Kipnis
Jemile Weeks
Jimmy Paredes
Joe Benson
Jordan Lyles
Jorge Polanco
Kelvin De La Cruz
Liam Hendriks
Lonnie Chisenhall
Mason Williams
Nick Barnese
Randall Delgado
Rick Hague
Shaeffer Hall
Steve Matz
Tanner Scheppers
Zack Von Rosenberg
Dustin Ackley SP
Lonnie Chisenhall SP
Randall Delgado SP
Dee Gordon SP

Jose Iglesias SP
Brett Lawrie SP
Jordan Lyles SP
Anthony Rizzo SP
Keyvius Sampson SP
Donovan Tate SP
Jameson Taillon SP
Jemile Weeks SP

Granted many of these players are not currently in the minors but many are September callups and likely won't start next season with the major league club.

These are the players they were replaced with:
James Darnell
Scooter Gennett
Anthony Gose previously in base set, now SP also
Jason Stoffel
Julio Rodriguez
Blake Tekotte
Casey Kelly
Justin O'Conner
Taijuan Walker
Matt Miller
Garin Cecchini
Adam Bailey
Ehire Adrianza
Cory Spangenberg
Maikel Cleto
Tyler Thornburg
Charlie Culberson
Matt Davidson
Kellin Deglan
Matt Den Dekker
Danny Duffy
Robbie Erlin
Adys Portillo
Reymond Fuentes
Todd Glaesmann
Jeudy Valdez
Billy Hamilton
Kyle Higashioka
Ydwin Villegas
Everett Williams
Francisco Martinez
Travis Mattair
Trevor May
Jimmy Nelson
Juan Oramas
Trevor Reckling
Jerry Sullivan
Danny Duffy
Rymer Liriano
Mike Foltynewicz
Nathan Eovaldi
Cory Spangenberg
Mel Rojas Jr. previously in base set, now SP also
Yordy Cabrera previously in base set, now SP also
Matt Moore previously in base set, now SP also
Matt Harvey previously in base set, now SP also
Peter Tago

The other changes that Topps made are significantly larger and hurt the value of this product even further. On the original sell sheet the base set tinted cards were supposed to be #/299 now these cards are #/620? I'm really regretting my half case purchase now.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Buyers need to either stop pre-buying or do more cancellations. The Distrubutors need to place pressure on Topps (or other card companies).

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
This isn't shocking. Platinum, Marquee, and now this. And that's just of recent releases. I agree that distributors really need to cut down on ordering these.

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
I'll continue to sound this trumpet until my ears bleed.

How is this not an illegal bait and switch? Topps cannot seriously be protected from these laws with a simple "the above checklist is preliminary and does not constitute what may or may not be in the final product". They are advertising a product based on false information. This false information is creating demand and producing sales.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!!

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
TBTwinsFan said:
So, they basically cut every Twin from the set?

I will pass.

Yeah, I think personally that was what I was most dissapointed about. It would have been a good opportunity to pick up some cards of Benson, Hendriks, and Bromberg for Twinsfest

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
mjbuchanan80 said:
I'll continue to sound this trumpet until my ears bleed.

How is this not an illegal bait and switch? Topps cannot seriously be protected from these laws with a simple "the above checklist is preliminary and does not constitute what may or may not be in the final product". They are advertising a product based on false information. This false information is creating demand and producing sales.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here!!

Presells should only begin after the publication of the final checklist. Until this occurs Topps will be protected and nothing will change.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
yrocks2001 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
So, they basically cut every Twin from the set?

I will pass.

Yeah, I think personally that was what I was most dissapointed about. It would have been a good opportunity to pick up some cards of Benson, Hendriks, and Bromberg for Twinsfest

Yeah. I would have loved to start a Heritage Hendriks collection

I will still buy up base cards for TTM, but any interest I had in purchasing this product un-opened is out the window now.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I agree with George. I did pre-buy Platinum and Marquee due to what the first sell sheet and checklist stated. I was very disappointed with both products. My fault. No need to pre-buy anymore with Topps continuing to change the checklist on future products.

I have put a deposit down on 2011 Bowman DPP. If the checklist changes again, this is the last straw. No more Topps pre-buys.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
BUT IT STILL HAS BRYCE HARPER IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, thnak topps for not making me bust and Heritage for Twins Minor leaguers

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
I really wonder what, if any, legal action can be taken against them. For now, I will avoid buying their products unless they prove it to be worthwhile like Topps Chrome. Panini isn't so great either, but at least they act like the cards that are supposed to be in the set will be in there by putting in redemptions. I guess now is a good time for Leaf Baseball ;)

Members online