Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay --*#&@@--- need to vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I Pay for an item on the around aug 20th. Nothing rcvd, after a week-10 days, so I send a few emails, no returns, read feedback, a new neg, warning, may not send higher value items. I file case on 9/13. 9/14 get email, from ebay, case is closed, seller sent refund. I notice it is a echeck and laugh, thinking this will never clear. 3 days later, paypal email stating, it didnt clear, they will have to try again. I then leave neg feedback and call ebay. On friday morning, I am told by ebay, no problem, I am correct, they never should have closed the case over an e-check, its a flaw they are aware of, they will get me a refund fast, expect it maybe even by friday night. I call sunday, I am correct, expect it by monday. I call today and once again am told, I am correct this was wrong, they are very sorry and value me and want to fix it. However, they cant, paypal is still trying to pull the e-check from the sellers acct and it may even take until 9/30. When it doesnt clear on 9/30, i will have to call again and wait for a refund from ebay. I explain, this a-hole has had my $100 for close to a month, you guys are helping him screw me. I need the money to pay bills. Now I am having to sell a few items cheaper than planned just to get money to my acct so I dont go under for the first time in my life (guys, you know what this makes our wifes do, I wont say mroe). So, im out the 100 and out potential profit, because of him and ebay. Once again, they are sorry and i am correct. but there is nothing they can do about it. The guy has 113 feedback. Now has 4 negs in the last few weeks. All his good feedback are for 1-5 dollar items, the 4 negs are 50-199. And after being told how they take this so serious and are very sorry and wish they could help me, this guy still has 4 auctions running, just waiting to rip one of you off. Proving just how serious ebay is about protecting us. I have a family member that is a vp/pres. for ebay and paypal, when I tell him this stuff , he doesnt even listen. Guys he works with that I have talked to about this sutff, off the record, just say, where else ya gonna go. They have such an ego problem its gross. When beckett decided to suck, people invented FCB, Why the hell cant someone replace ebay? Sorry for the rant, just pissed right now. Im sure there are typos and spelling errors, forgive, typing fast and mad isn't one of my skills. How do you guys feel about this type of crap?

Greg

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Sucks you have to go thru this.....

But if you really need the money to pay bills.... should you have bought the item in the first place?

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Needing the money to pay bills isnt the normal situation. Had to pay 2000 in my personal medical bills and 650 for my daughter to have tubes put in and adenoids(sp) out. So expecting funds to come through and should come through, I used avail funds to pay off some bills. Im pretty sure, I didnt nothing wrong here. Just very tight right now until next week when my wife and I get paid. Dont think I should have go to scottrade, because of a loser and ebay to pay monthly bills. I could pull from home equity loan, but again, I shouldnt have to and leave that for serious emergency.

Greg

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
It sucks, but it's easier to have a message board (FCB) replace one that sucks (bmb) than it is to have a viable auction site replace ebay. eBay's got "first to market" advantage, ease of use, trust, eyeballs, etc. eBay competitors often have…hard to use (seriously dudes, invent a turbolister like clone/easy way to quickly import ebay listings W/photos)-, little to no traffic…so why would anyone be able to beat ebay? What ever happened to fcb's new auction site (I forget the name- cardbin?)? Did it go live yet?

More importantly, I hope your daughter's ok. B/c at the end of the day, that is all that matters.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
She is great, im ok, so bottom line, you are right. Im just tired of ebay problems and wanted to vent. On a different subject, how are you and are you still doing shows? I believe met you at the hollywood ca show a few years back with the guy (forget his name, sorry) from vegas. I believe he was getting out of cards or closing his store. It was fun getting to meet a few people from the hobby and ebay. I think you graded a few moustakas cards and I graded the red betances auto. If i remember, we both did pretty good.

Greg

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
I hear you on eBay. It has sucked lately. I am actually being threatened with a 25% reduction in listing abilities + possible funds being held b/c of idiot buyers dinging me on dsrs. Too bad there aren't any real viable ebay alternatives. COMC looks interesting but fees seem killer + if a prospect gets hot + is locked up on COMC, you may miss the window to sell. Sportlots seems geared towards low-end stuff. Neither of them have a good turbolister like/bulk upload option it seems.

I am doing well- thanks for asking. I have been out of cards for the most part for the past year or so as my mom's health has worsened (CHF/late stage) + so she needs my help more. I've also shifted more to selling videogames, electronics, media, + toys on ebay (another id) + amazon. Less PITA buyers than for cards it seems + it's more efficient to sell repeatables than sorting/scanning cards.

That was Dan- he closed his store + is now working a day job/not doing ebay. I think he used to be/maybe still is on FCB (probably lvbbcardheaven or something similar)? I have not been on FCB much this past year. I still set up at shows when I can (Tristar SF, Nationals). Too bad So Cal doesn't have any good shows any longer.

ryanscardz

Jan 7, 2011
Waukee, Iowa
I quit eBay cold turkey 3 weeks ago and feel great. I've been on there since '98 with over 4,000 positive feedback at 100%. When I really want to get rid of something I've been offering it on the boards here, or sending them to Checkoutmycards.com, otherwise just holding onto things until I get the right price at a show. Huge weight lifted off of my shoulders so far by not dealing with these issues with eBay.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
lol thanks for bringing some humor in. Just hope they arent reading these boards.

greg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I got really lucky a month or two ago when Paypal was able to recover my $175 I was ripped off on dealing on another message board. I'm under the impression that if you use a credit card, you would be able to get your money through them instead. That's what I plan to do if I could only find a full time job so I know I won't be overspending. Plus, it should be more cash back that way as well.

Latest posts