Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

6 Years from now....

6 Years from now, which of these names will be the most recognizable?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
Well, this is a pretty good list of prospects, which one will be the biggest name of the group by the time that 2015 rolls around?

My vote goes to Heyward. He has superstar written all over him IMO. The power combined with all the other tools give him lots of potential in my eyes.

Who is your vote and why?

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I would have added Chris Davis. I voted for Matt Wieters because out of those guys, I think he'll be the one with the biggest impact. I believe he will turn around the O's franchise with the help of the likes of Nick Markickass and Brian Roberts (and obviously others, maybe even Chris Tillman).

Edit-For all the people who chose Price, I will have to disagree. While I think he can be a great pitcher, I don't think he'll make the biggest impact for his team. They proved to be great without him; I don't think he'll make them that much better. The Orioles are horrible, and Wieters will lead them to greatness or at least goodness, in my opinion.

JG

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
Moustakas.

Just wait and see guys, just wait and see...

While I'm a huge Heyward guy right now, I have a weird feeling he will bust. Nothing really to explain it.

Wieters and Posey should be very good, and I think LaPorta (who I also like at the moment) will be a solid player, but not a superstar.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
Incline Investments said:
Moustakas.

While I'm a huge Heyward guy right now, I have a weird feeling he will bust. Nothing really to explain it.

Wieters and Posey should be very good, and I think LaPorta (who I also like at the moment) will be a solid player, but not a superstar.

I read somewhere that LaPorta eats car engines for breakfast, so I voted for him.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Adam G said:
[quote="Incline Investments":10cx65it]Moustakas.

I read somewhere that LaPorta eats car engines for breakfast, so I voted for him.[/quote:10cx65it]
Close, but not quite. He eats full cars. Lambos for breakfast, Maseratis for lunch, and Astin Martins for dinner.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Something fairly interesting I noticed about pretty much all of those guys is that none of them outside of Heyward play in large markets. That's going to kill some of them. Especially the pitchers on bad teams. I guess they could be the difference in making them better though.

Adam G

Jan 25, 2009
trademhigh said:
Adam G said:
[quote="Incline Investments":2b06tzp9]Moustakas.

I read somewhere that LaPorta eats car engines for breakfast, so I voted for him.
Close, but not quite. He eats full cars. Lambos for breakfast, Maseratis for lunch, and Astin Martins for dinner.[/quote:2b06tzp9]

Actually, I think you're right. And then when he's done he flosses with a chainsaw.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Adam G said:
trademhigh said:
[quote="Adam G":1dfdb3j2][quote="Incline Investments":1dfdb3j2]Moustakas.

Close, but not quite. He eats full cars. Lambos for breakfast, Maseratis for lunch, and Astin Martins for dinner.[/quote:1dfdb3j2]

Actually, I think you're right. And then when he's done he flosses with a chainsaw.[/quote:1dfdb3j2]
That's great! Thanks for the laugh, you've been thanked. I heard he brushes his teeth with steel bristles, and when he's done he rinses with gypsy tears.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
nborton said:
Something fairly interesting I noticed about pretty much all of those guys is that none of them outside of Heyward play in large markets. That's going to kill some of them. Especially the pitchers on bad teams. I guess they could be the difference in making them better though.

G. Beckham, Posey?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
nborton said:

G. Beckham, Posey?

Well the White Sox are still the second team in a large market. Posey I guess has a shot.

Incline Investments

Aug 15, 2008
Cali
nborton said:
nborton said:

G. Beckham, Posey?

Well the White Sox are still the second team in a large market. Posey I guess has a shot.

You're right, but I consider the White Sox a fairly big market.

Interesting point though, for sure.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
You gotta go with Wieters here as he is in the best position to become the "face" of his franchise. This would give him more media attention than say a guy like Price who could very well be a step behind the likes of Shields and Kazmir for his entire career.

Members online

Latest posts