Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

AL EAST CHAMPS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Yeah thanks Yankees! Jeez is Boston playing horrible, Tampa should be about 4 games ahead of Boston..

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
It was great to see Posada contribute like he did. Overall, what a week so far in baseball land.

Red Sox, Rays, Angels, Giants, Cardinals, Braves...man this is some exciting stuff!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
blanning71 said:
It was great to see Posada contribute like he did. Overall, what a week so far in baseball land.

Red Sox, Rays, Angels, Giants, Cardinals, Braves...man this is some exciting stuff!

Admit it, it would be less exciting with two wildcards.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
you in nc bro?

Yes I am. Why?

just wondering. where in nyc did ya grow up

I didn't grow up in New York. I'm southern born and southern bred. When I die I'll be southern dead.

oh, so are you rocking your fsu football jacket or your nfl one? didnt say your nfl team because i forget if your a cowboys or 49ers fan.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Eww, TWO Wildcard teams? No thanks. I like the set up now. Don't water down a time tested tradition. I was leary when MLB introduced the Wildcard spot in the 90's. BUT, it turned out to work fairly well for all accounts. I think it would really take away from the tradition of being the best team and getting in the playoffs if they add yet another spot in the post season.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Rooting for the Yankees or Red Sox is like rooting for Wal-Mart against the Sisters of the Poor. If you weren't born or grew up in that area, it just doesn't show originality. For the record, one can be desginated a "true fan" of a franchise if they were born or raised in that area. Unless....a.) you are currently rooting for a team that is perpetually below .500 or under the media radar. (for example, being a Royals fan in Louisiana is legitimate, while being a Yankees fan in Louisiana is not).

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Liberate Baltimore said:
Rooting for the Yankees or Red Sox is like rooting for Wal-Mart against the Sisters of the Poor. If you weren't born or grow up in that area, it just doesn't show originality. For the record, one can be desginated a "true fan" of a franchise if they were born or raised in that area. Unless....a.) you are currently rooting for a team that is perpetually below .500 or under the media radar. (for example, being a Royals fan in Louisiana is legitimate, while being a Yankees fan in Louisiana is not).

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
miguelcabrera said:
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
blanning71 said:
miguelcabrera said:
you in nc bro?

Yes I am. Why?

just wondering. where in nyc did ya grow up

I didn't grow up in New York. I'm southern born and southern bred. When I die I'll be southern dead.

oh, so are you rocking your fsu football jacket or your nfl one? didnt say your nfl team because i forget if your a cowboys or 49ers fan.

Actually, I'm wearing a white t-shirt at the moment. I don't "rock" jackets or other clothes. I sure as hell won't wear an FSU shirt. Not a fan. I will pull for East Carolina in football and the Long Horns from Texas as well. Carolina Tarheel basketball is my choice for the roundball season and I could care less about the Panthers in the NFL and god forbid I root for the Bobcats. They suck too. I am not a huge NBA fan much however I will pull for Kobe and the Lakers some. I liked Lebron before he got bigheaded with his "Decision" and D Wade is ok. Chris Paul played for Wake Forest so I kinda like the Hornets because of that.

I pull for the Steelers in the NFL as well as the Eagles but I'm more of a fan of the game. I like good players and great games. If its a nail biter, I'll take that rather than pulling for one team. Same with baseball. I love the Yankees but hey, as long as its good baseball, lets roll. If the Yankees suck and don't make the playoffs, lets just hope for good hard nosed play and close games.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Liberate Baltimore said:
Rooting for the Yankees or Red Sox is like rooting for Wal-Mart against the Sisters of the Poor. If you weren't born or grew up in that area, it just doesn't show originality. For the record, one can be desginated a "true fan" of a franchise if they were born or raised in that area. Unless....a.) you are currently rooting for a team that is perpetually below .500 or under the media radar. (for example, being a Royals fan in Louisiana is legitimate, while being a Yankees fan in Louisiana is not).

Well........just so ya know, I didn't jump on the ole bandwagon when the Yankees won the Series in 06. Growing up in Greensboro, you'll be happy to know that the minor league team there was an affiliate of the DUM DUM DUM......YANKEES!!!! So, imagine that as a little kid, I see the players on the field and I want to root for their team. And it didn't hurt that my dad has always been a Yankee fan from when he was a little kid and he passed his love for the team onto me when I was old enough to know about the sport. My favorite player is Don Mattingly and I've always collected Yankee stuff. Yes, even Mike Pagliarulo, Hensley Muelens, Steve Howe, and Dallas Green cards. Oh yeah, and some dude named Brien Taylor. I remember when they sucked in the 80's and early 90's. And that was ok. I pulled for the players I liked and that was enough for me.

Sorry I didn't have the privilege of living in a major city where "my team" played. I can still be a fan from hundreds of miles away and be happy with that. I totally disagree with your explanation of a "fan" above.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Liberate Baltimore said:
What if you're from Connecticut, New London area, approx 2 hr from both NY and Boston, and then moved to th SF Bay Area at 23?

My fam is split Yanks/Sox.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
D-Lite said:
[quote="Liberate Baltimore":2ud5hwp9]Rooting for the Yankees or Red Sox is like rooting for Wal-Mart against the Sisters of the Poor. If you weren't born or grew up in that area, it just doesn't show originality. For the record, one can be desginated a "true fan" of a franchise if they were born or raised in that area. Unless....a.) you are currently rooting for a team that is perpetually below .500 or under the media radar. (for example, being a Royals fan in Louisiana is legitimate, while being a Yankees fan in Louisiana is not).
What if you're from Connecticut, New London area, approx 2 hr from both NY and Boston, and then moved to th SF Bay Area at 23?

My fam is split Yanks/Sox.[/quote:2ud5hwp9]

Choose neither and make another selection.