Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay- Can you link to photobucket in auctions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Hi guys, I have a fairly rare item up right now and would like to link to my bucket in the ebay auction W/O loading the actual pics (36) IN the auction b/c i don't want to slow page load time. does anyone know if it's ebay kosher to say 'for more pics of all the cards individually, go to (insert photobucket link)' or does that violate an ebay rule?

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I just copy/paste the HTML code for the picture in photobucket into the item description on ebay. I don't think there is a limit doing it that way but I don't use more than 2-3 photos in mine.

For the photo that shows up in overall listings, I can only figure out how to load that one by uploading from my desktop.

Krusin

Jun 3, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Use self hosting option for pic's in E-bay & paste PhotoBuckett's "Direct Link" option, you can have up to 8 self hosted pic's with no charge, the 1st pic is used in the gallery.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
ebay's Turbo Lister allows you to use your own link. Just copy from photobucket & paste to turbolister in the HTML design.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
When you are listing the item add the links in the HTML code..

When I have multiple pics I just paste the following code in after the first image..

[ebay:31yewe5a]250896094586[/ebay:31yewe5a]

1st pic <p align="center">
tiffany.jpg
</p>
2nd pic <p align="center">
tiffany-slide.jpg
</p>

Then just keep adding the images as needed,,

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I think everyone's missing the point. I would place the most significant couple pics in the auction and paste a link for the rest, explaining that you don't want to slow down the page from loading.

I didn't realize that you can have multiple self hosted pics for no additional charge though. I stopped doing that though because I moved a pic to my bucket's "gone" section before an auction ended and it screwed up the pic at the end.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I would suggest just putting the HTML code in the description for each picture and not worrying about the time it takes to load. I have an auction up right now with 21 pictures and it doesn't take very long to load. You can control how big the photos are when you upload to Photobucket, so as long as you don't make them too big the load time will be short.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
hey guys, i know how to do the html code so the pic shows IN the auctions, but w/36 pics, that seems like a lot of lag time. So i'd just like to put a line w/'for scans of all 36 cards separately, go to (photobucket link)' but i think ebay bans outside urls IN auctions?

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
I would suggest just putting the HTML code in the description for each picture and not worrying about the time it takes to load. I have an auction up right now with 21 pictures and it doesn't take very long to load. You can control how big the photos are when you upload to Photobucket, so as long as you don't make them too big the load time will be short.
if you remember, what size are the photos?

Members online

Latest posts