Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Yankees faked interest in Carl Crawford to drive up price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
black_gorilla_suit_costume.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
If you beleive what Cashman said then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
Revisionist history at it's best. If Crawford had an MVP type season do you think Cashman would have said what he did?
Come on people...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
rebelpawn said:
If you beleive what Cashman said then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you.
Revisionist history at it's best. If Crawford had an MVP type season do you think Cashman would have said what he did?
Come on people...

Which is it you don't believe it or that if he had an MVP type season he wouldn't have said anything? :lol: Cause basically you just said you don't believe it then said you do believe it but if he had an MVP season he would have kept his yapper shut

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Read that article and laughed a bit although Cashman does say he got outplayed by Theo last offseason.

Brett Gardner > Carl Crawford

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I have no clue whether the Yanks were interested in Crawford, but I have to imagine that many GM's do this all the time.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
HAHAHA...nice try but I highly doubt that. Pure Lies... but what else would you expect.

pab00a

Dec 6, 2010
If I were Theo I would counter with "we faked interest in AJ to drive up the price."

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
pab00a said:
If I were Theo I would counter with "we faked interest in AJ to drive up the price."

If I were Cashman I would counter with "we faked interest in Lackey to drive up the price."

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
I have no clue whether the Yanks were interested in Crawford, but I have to imagine that many GM's do this all the time.
I agree...especially with these 2 teams. It's part of the rivalry.

I'm a Yankees fan, but if you really want a chuckle look at who has out-performed BOTH Gardner and Crawford: Melky Cabrera. :?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
carlitoson said:
Topnotchsy said:
I agree...especially with these 2 teams. It's part of the rivalry.

I'm a Yankees fan, but if you really want a chuckle look at who has out-performed BOTH Gardner and Crawford: Melky Cabrera. :?

QFT

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
carlitoson said:

Yes sir, I agree. I was very sad to see him go, but I honestly think he was a distraction somehow for Cano. He seemed to explode after he left.

yankees23657

Aug 7, 2008
nyc3 said:
carlitoson said:

Yes sir, I agree. I was very sad to see him go, but I honestly think he was a distraction somehow for Cano. He seemed to explode after he left.

Cano seemed to have gotten better the year after Abreu left, and progressively better after Melky left. Both of them seemed to be distractions for him

Members online

Latest posts