Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need a new scanner - best bang for my buck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hey all,

I know this isn't specifically a baseball question but I trust my baseball brethren more than anyone else so I wanted to pose it here :lol:

My scanner sucks. I bought it in college back in 2006 and it was old then. It's done the trick, but I think it's time to buy something new. With that being said, which scanner offers the most bang for my buck? I'm not looking to spend more than $120, and ideally would be under $100 but if there's a compelling reason to spend a bit more I'll do it. I also don't have a desk setup, so it has to be mobile so I can plug and unplug it easily (I keep it in the closet when not in use). Finally, I definitely want something that's user-friendly and won't require a huge time commitment to get high quality images.

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated - would love to physically buy something in a store today (Best Buy, Walmart, etc) if possible, but I'll buy online if it's worth it. Examples are welcome, thanks!

John

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
I agree on the G3110. You can get it for <$100 and it packs the best bang for the buck IMO. It'll scan slabs/one-touches nicely w/o the blurring as well.
Here's the seller I bought mine from on eBay & they have them listed for $84.95 shipped.
HP G3110

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
got mine got 85 dlvd off of ebay. Havent had any time to play with it (been remodeling kitchen the last couple weeks), but I talked to several members on here and this was the consensus. The canoscan 5600f or something like that is also very good I heard.

Members online

Latest posts