Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillie fans: Are you concerned about 7 game losing streak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Heading into the playoffs? Sure you haven't been running out a FULL 1st team lineup every day but you havent' been playing all scrubs and you have had your regular rotation going every day.

This doesn't bode well for the first round of the playoffs.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
My opinion, because we used to do this in league football and baseball after we clinched.

Keep playing to keep guys in game shape, just play at half-assed speed. Resting starters for a week is dumb. Letting them play in (effectively) preseason form keeps them fresh

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
That's the thing, they aren't resting everyone. They lost 2-1 today against the Mets without Utley or Pence and had Hamels on the mound...

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
The Phillies are the best team in baseball.

If I were a Phillies fan, I wouldn't look too much into a 7 game losing streak. The bottom line is, who plays the best in October. When you sit down, and think about the fact that they have the best staff in the game-I like their chances. However, like I said, it's whoever plays the best baseball in a series.

If I had to put money on one team winning the World Series, it would be the Phillies.

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
Wow, just looked, they just have not scored enough runs in September. Should not matter, SF had to be the worst offensive team to ever win a World Series. But it has to give the other NL teams hope.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
not at all. What is funny is we just lost 8 in a row and STILL have the best record in all of baseball. Playoffs are another thing. Id rather get into a loosing streek now than in the playoffs.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think the most dangerous teams in the playoffs are the ones who have to fight to get in at the end of the regular season. The Phillies are easily the best team in baseball, but sometimes it's not about who the best team is, it's about who comes out ready to win in October.

Not sure I'd be worried, but if I were a Phillies fan, I'd definitely want to have all the starters playing every day, even if they only get 2 or 3 at bats and then come out of the game around the 6th or 7th to rest.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I think the most dangerous teams in the playoffs are the ones who have to fight to get in at the end of the regular season. The Phillies are easily the best team in baseball, but sometimes it's not about who the best team is, it's about who comes out ready to win in October.

Not sure I'd be worried, but if I were a Phillies fan, I'd definitely want to have all the starters playing every day, even if they only get 2 or 3 at bats and then come out of the game around the 6th or 7th to rest.

I agree with this. As a Phillies fan, I don't like what is happening. When the foot is on the pedal, keep it down. I don't like this whole half-assed approach right now. The pitchers don't seem to like it either. Hamels didn't seem to happy after yesterday's game.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I actually see it as a possible positive 'cuz if you look at their recent history that when they have this terrible slumps, then they come out of it with tons of runs.

Not a good sign, but unless the "Big 3" have injuries, they should be able to overcome it...

Members online