Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nice pull today! Plus a question for the scanning gurus.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
After having absolutely terrible luck with football this year I finally hit a nice card!
One pack of 2010 Topps Chrome yielded a Colt McCoy Refractor, a Rob Gronkowski RC and an Everson Griffen RC.
One pack of 2011 Donruss Elite yielded this.....

Peyton Manning Sam Bradford Passing the Torch dual auto #'d 17/25
scan0065-1.jpg

My question is, this is a very shiny foil card that I can't ever seem to scan worth a crap.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to scan it better or should I use a camara instead?
Thanks in advance for any help.
David

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
manningmurphyfan said:
Nice pull! Scan looks fine to me and there was one that sold for $179.95 BIN. It was 25/25.

Yea I saw that one. I'm going to try a bit more with a BIN/BO and see what happens. It won't bother me to sit on it for a while anyways.
deceptikon1978 said:
Great pull!

I usually take pics of my cards. On a card like that try a lot of light and no flash.

I usually use a scanner but think I will be taking your advice and try the camara. Gotta get it back from my daughter first though. :evil:
Thanks for the comments guys.
David

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Sweet pull!

As far as scanning, I haven't had much luck in getting foil to show well in scans. I would lean towards using a camera but you could try turning the card sideways or trying with the lid up.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Sweet pull, don't think you'd have too much of a problem getting someone to push BIN again at $180.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I went ahead and tried my camara/phone as I can't get to my regular camara.

301937_295648827117871_100000182684331_1402047_1888800754_n-1.jpg

Not horrible, but not the best.
Thanks again guys.
David

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Great hit David.

As for the scanning, sometimes a piece of clear acetate in between the glass and card will help show more of the reflective nature of the common Panini foil. Sadly, base chromes and the silver/gold foil Panini cards often scan poorly under regular settings and placement.

And I'm not sure if all of the Manning signatures have the SB MVP inscription, so it's definitely worth noting in the auction, if not in the subtitle or title.