Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Kila Monster is Headed to Oakland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Wonder what AKA-Coastal thinks about this. Too bad we can't ask him.

I guess this means Chris Carter will be limited to DH duties.

Athletics Acquire Kila Ka'aihue
By Tim Dierkes [September 27 at 2:19pm CST]
The Athletics acquired first baseman Kila Ka'aihue from the Royals for minor league pitcher Ethan Hollingsworth, according to press releases from the teams. The A's recalled and transferred Joey Devine to the 60-day DL to open a spot on the 40-man roster for Ka'aihue.

Ka'aihue was designated for assignment by the Royals last Wednesday. The 27-year-old had a crack at the Royals' first base job coming into the season but was benched before the end of April. In four separate Triple-A stints, Ka'aihue has proven his ability to draw a walk in 15-20% of his plate appearances. His power has seemed to come and go, however.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
justinmandawg said:
Good, we need pitching.

How's this for a trade idea.

Royals trade Wil Myers and Billy Butler (or Melky)

for

James Shields

off season trade of course

I doubt it'll happen. If the Rays trade any of their starters, I'm guessing it'll be Davis.

And that's a big if.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I could see the Rays trading Shields. They'd be selling high as he probably won't have a better year. I've had an idea they might be letting him complete all these games because they anticipate moving him in the offseason, so they might as well ride him hard this year.

Longoriafan3

Sep 11, 2011
I could see us selling high on Shields.... did trading Garza really hurt us this year? Not at all, we replaced him with someone better (Hellickson). I honestly think Moore has better stuff than Shields so losing Big Game James wouldn't be that big in my opinion. I doubt he would be traded to an AL team unless the package was incredible like Myers, Christian Colon, and someone else. I don't really see any NL teams that fit however, maybe the Pirates?

mjbuchanan80

May 16, 2011
Kansas City
Jaypers said:

The Athletics acquired first baseman Kila Ka'aihue from the Royals for minor league pitcher Ethan Hollingsworth, according to press releases from the teams. The A's recalled and transferred Joey Devine to the 60-day DL to open a spot on the 40-man roster for Ka'aihue.

Ka'aihue was designated for assignment by the Royals last Wednesday. The 27-year-old had a crack at the Royals' first base job coming into the season but was benched before the end of April. In four separate Triple-A stints, Ka'aihue has proven his ability to draw a walk in 15-20% of his plate appearances. His power has seemed to come and go, however.

Gonna miss you Kila. You can now be added to my long list of AAAA players that didn't find success for the Royals...Ken Harvey, Brandon Berger, and Justin Huber welcome you to the club.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
mjbuchanan80 said:
Gonna miss you Kila. You can now be added to my long list of AAAA players that didn't find success for the Royals...Ken Harvey, Brandon Berger, and Justin Huber welcome you to the club.

Agreed. I had spent many of nights watching Ka'aihue launch bombs out of Rosenblatt.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Longoriafan3 said:
I could see us selling high on Shields.... did trading Garza really hurt us this year? Not at all, we replaced him with someone better (Hellickson). I honestly think Moore has better stuff than Shields so losing Big Game James wouldn't be that big in my opinion. I doubt he would be traded to an AL team unless the package was incredible like Myers, Christian Colon, and someone else. I don't really see any NL teams that fit however, maybe the Pirates?

The Reds make sense as a trading partner.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Jaypers said:

I was a Fan bro. Thats who that guy was right the idiot who started spamming members for his site?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Now that he's in Oak Town this Green Refractor seems more fitting :)

KAAK-05-BCU-E0.jpg

Members online

Latest posts