Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK - What happens tonight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
The Boston Red Sox can clinch a tie for the AL wild card with a win tonight coupled with a Tampa Bay loss!

The Atlanta Braves can squander their large NL wild card lead with a loss tonight and a win by the Cardinals!

Any fearless predictions?

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Braves lose and Red Sox lose.

The lack of emotion with the Braves trailing last night doesn't sit well with me. These aren't the Bobby Cox Braves. You can show some emotion. These Braves haven't done anything to have a laid back business approach to baseball.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Rays - Win
Sox - Win
Cards - Win
Braves - Lose

Everything tied up with one game remaining! :)

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Weather looking bad around Baltimore, may be a few rain delays tonight, probably not a good thing for the Red Sox.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Bonds73 said:
The Boston Red Sox can clinch a tie for the AL wild card with a win tonight coupled with a Tampa Bay loss!

As can the Rays with a win and a Red Sox loss.

A rainout would be horrible for Boston.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Tonight:

Rays - Win
Sox - Lose
Cards - Win
Braves - Win

Tomorrow night:

Rays - Win
Sox - Win
Cards - Win
Braves - Win

NL Playoff, Cards beat the Braves

There you have it, folks - no reason to watch now :cool:

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
You see Boston's lineup for tonight??

Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Lowrie 3B
Gonzalez 1B
Lavarnway C
McDonald RF
Crawford LF
Scutaro SS

Ok, I know Varitek and Salty are nursing injuries. And Lowrie is slightly better from the right side. But a first time starter at C in a must win and Lowrie at cleanup??

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
As a baseball fan,this is great for a fan.I would like to the Cardinals in so we could see Pujols.I believe the RedSox will hold on,i know they have played like crap in sept,but with there talent they turn it around if they make it. :shock:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I kind of want the Cards in so Philly has to play someone tough and hungry in the first round. Plus it bodes well for Milwaukee in the second round if they have to play a team that just came out of a hard series.

Also, Rays all the way. I don't care about the playoffs, I just want the Rays to win the AL. I sure do like them.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Whatever happens I hope to see a tie for the AL Wildcard.

If there was a tie the Rays would have played 11 games in 10 days leading up to the ALDS. That could be a killer.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
JEA2880 said:
Tonight:

Rays - Win
Sox - Lose
Cards - Win
Braves - Win

Tomorrow night:

Rays - Win
Sox - Win
Cards - Win
Braves - Win

NL Playoff, Cards beat the Braves

There you have it, folks - no reason to watch now :cool:

under your scenario there wont be a playoff because the braves clinch

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:

Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Lowrie 3B
Gonzalez 1B
Lavarnway C
McDonald RF
Crawford LF
Scutaro SS

Ok, I know Varitek and Salty are nursing injuries. And Lowrie is slightly better from the right side. But a first time starter at C in a must win and Lowrie at cleanup??
Then who do you recommend?

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
scotty21690 said:
D-Lite said:

Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Lowrie 3B
Gonzalez 1B
Lavarnway C
McDonald RF
Crawford LF
Scutaro SS

One of them needs to play. Crawford should be higher in the lineup. Drew is still probably a better option than McDonald.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:
scotty21690 said:
[quote="D-Lite":tusfvvw1]You see Boston's lineup for tonight??

Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Lowrie 3B
Gonzalez 1B
Lavarnway C
McDonald RF
Crawford LF
Scutaro SS

One of them needs to play. Crawford should be higher in the lineup. Drew is still probably a better option than McDonald.[/quote:tusfvvw1]
I agree that Drew should play over McDonald, but oh well....I think a healthy catcher is our best bet tonight, not sure how an injured Varitek/Salty is a better option....I mean, we have been losing with them in the lineup so will it really hurt to have Lavarnway play instead?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Can someone please explain to me how that was a fair ball? :lol:

I guess I missed something, as did Jerry Remy, Don Orsillo, and Terry Francona.

Members online

Latest posts