Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bubba Starling and apparently some other Royals MILB players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Were stopped while leaving the campus of ASU. Driver was blew 0.00. They tested everyone in the car. Why? I don't know what it matters but they did. Bubba blew a 0.04 and received an MIP. I'm not sure what other players were there because, they weren't Bubba Starling.

So he wasn't driving and still they had him blow?

I will go ahead and say, wgara. Not because he's a Royal etc,etc,etc. But he wasn't driving, wasn't hammered, he's 19, it's a ******** law.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
When I was in high school a car full of us got pulled over and we all had to take a portable breathalizer. I'm assuming it's because we were underage, which was probably the case here too if Bubba is 19. If they pulled over a car load of soccer moms, I'm sure only the driver would have to blow. But then they would just get out of the ticket anyway and be on their merry way with a load.

theotherCUTCH

May 28, 2011
he was underage, he had been drinking. idc who he is, its pretty cut and dry. there is a drinking age for a reason, he shouldnt be treated any differently.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
theotherCUTCH said:
he was underage, he had been drinking. idc who he is, its pretty cut and dry. there is a drinking age for a reason, he shouldnt be treated any differently.

My thoughts on the drinking age is that if you are able to join the military and fight for your country, you should be able to enjoy alcohol.

But I ALSO think that the driving age should be bumped up to 18. 16 years olds have no business behind the wheel.

So in my perfect world we make the age where you can join the military and drink beer 21, and the driving age 18.

But that's just me.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
theotherCUTCH said:

Because I said he should be treated differently.

What reason is the drinking age 21? I'm guessing you aren't old enough to have paid a bit of attention as to why it was changed.

The drinking age should be 18. If you are an adult at 18, you should be allowed all privileges of adulthood, not this staggered ******** we've gotten into as a society. Driving, drinking, military service, voting, entering a contract, I can keep going, all should be 18.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
justinmandawg said:
theotherCUTCH said:

What reason is the drinking age 21? I'm guessing you aren't old enough to have paid a bit of attention as to why it was changed.

The drinking age should be 18. If you are an adult at 18, you should be allowed all privileges of adulthood, not this staggered ******** we've gotten into as a society. Driving, drinking, military service, voting, entering a contract, I can keep going, all should be 18.

I think all should be at least 21. 18 years old is still really young. Heck, 21 is still really young. And 16 is just a kid. It's all very complicated though, and there are many arguments to be made for every scenario brought up.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Sam Banks said:
justinmandawg said:
theotherCUTCH said:

The drinking age should be 18. If you are an adult at 18, you should be allowed all privileges of adulthood, not this staggered *censor* we've gotten into as a society. Driving, drinking, military service, voting, entering a contract, I can keep going, all should be 18.

I think all should be at least 21. 18 years old is still really young. Heck, 21 is still really young. And 16 is just a kid. It's all very complicated though, and there are many arguments to be made for every scenario brought up.

Make it 30 and until then, they have to live with their parents. Parents are responsible for wiping their bottoms after every bowel movement.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I've never known an 18 year old to be mature enough to handle legal drinking. When I was 18 and in college, it was a constant struggle to finish the beer in my left hand before I needed another beer in my right hand. If that was legal, then half the 18 year old in America would die of alcohol poisoning before they hit 19. Might not be such a bad idea, come to think of it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
It's probably underage as everyone said. I had a friend get breathalyzed when he wasn't driving. I never have but that's because if I get pulled over it's either for profiling or forgetting to turn my lights on.

I think (and I don't drink, so I am not just saying this as a way to benefit me) that the drinking age should be 18. Kids look at it as a rule that can be broken without consequences and if they are doing that, it could escalate to other laws and things. I know it won't solve all the problems in the world, but at least the 18-20 year olds can rest easy, and as Sam said, if they are old enough to fight for our country...

they were responsible in their irresponsible actions... .04 is like having done a shot of nyquil or rinsing your mouth with listerine. they used to have a zero tolerance in the state of nebraska where if you blew anything above the margin of error you were cited. unless their was a beer can in the car, they admitted to drinking, or the party was busted and they were snitched out this gets dropped.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
DeliciousBacon said:
I've never known an 18 year old to be mature enough to handle legal drinking. When I was 18 and in college, it was a constant struggle to finish the beer in my left hand before I needed another beer in my right hand. If that was legal, then half the 18 year old in America would die of alcohol poisoning before they hit 19. Might not be such a bad idea, come to think of it.

Drugs are illegal and people still use them. It was legal to drink at 18 throughout most of the country. Groups like MADD got the law changed. Prior to that era, the DUI law really didn't exist, especially at the 0.08 it currently is. The law being 21 works as a prohibition for what maybe 10% of people between 18-21? It didn't stop me. I'd say it didn't stop my friends.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
notjomommasclint said:
they were responsible in their irresponsible actions... .04 is like having done a shot of nyquil or rinsing your mouth with listerine. they used to have a zero tolerance in the state of nebraska where if you blew anything above the margin of error you were cited. unless their was a beer can in the car, they admitted to drinking, or the party was busted and they were snitched out this gets dropped.

He admitted. What a *******. There is a 5th Amendment ffor a reason. They were stopped by a DUI checkpoint.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
justinmandawg said:
Sam Banks said:
justinmandawg said:
theotherCUTCH said:

The drinking age should be 18. If you are an adult at 18, you should be allowed all privileges of adulthood, not this staggered *censor* we've gotten into as a society. Driving, drinking, military service, voting, entering a contract, I can keep going, all should be 18.

Make it 30 and until then, they have to live with their parents. Parents are responsible for wiping their bottoms after every bowel movement.

Damn man, why are you so man that he had to take a damn test? I don't get it, do you think his stock is going to go down? Isn't he Justin Beiber like...he can't be touched, nothing happened to him...go about your merry god damn way with your bowl cut and have a nice day already. Who cares what the drinking age is...if you are under it whatever it is DON'T GET CAUGHT DRINKING....and having consumed. PERIOD.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
alexs64 said:
justinmandawg said:
Sam Banks said:
justinmandawg said:
theotherCUTCH said:

Damn man, why are you so man that he had to take a damn test? I don't get it, do you think his stock is going to go down? Isn't he Justin Beiber like...he can't be touched, nothing happened to him...go about your merry god damn way with your bowl cut and have a nice day already. Who cares what the drinking age is...if you are under it whatever it is DON'T GET CAUGHT DRINKING....and having consumed. PERIOD.

It's not about him. It's about a ******** law. I couldn't care less about him either way. I'm glad they used the resources of Arizona to stop some 18-20 year olds when we all know that is the only crime in Arizona.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Sam Banks said:
When I was in high school a car full of us got pulled over and we all had to take a portable breathalizer. I'm assuming it's because we were underage, which was probably the case here too if Bubba is 19. If they pulled over a car load of soccer moms, I'm sure only the driver would have to blow. But then they would just get out of the ticket anyway and be on their merry way with a load.
If I pulled over a car of Soccer moms I would make sure more the one was blowing :lol:

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Lowering the drinking age in the US would not be a good thing, imho. It works for Germany and Canada. But that has a lot to do with upbringing and social mindset. You unleash american 18 years old to legal drinking and it will be mayhem. Maybe 20-30 years later it might balance out. Maybe.

The legal drinking age is fine at 21, in this country. The officer in the above incident handled the situation perfectly. Again, just mho.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
justinmandawg said:
DeliciousBacon said:

Drugs are illegal and people still use them. It was legal to drink at 18 throughout most of the country. Groups like MADD got the law changed. Prior to that era, the DUI law really didn't exist, especially at the 0.08 it currently is. The law being 21 works as a prohibition for what maybe 10% of people between 18-21? It didn't stop me. I'd say it didn't stop my friends.

Lots of people do illegal things, doesn't mean we should get rid of all laws just because people don't like them. The whole "I can join the military at 18 but can't drink till I'm 21, that's not fair!" argument is BS anyways. Drinking is not a right. Getting drunk with friends and driving around like an idiot is not a right. I'm not 35, so I can't be elected president, but I can join the military and vote? How unfair is that? What the hell man!?!?!

Getting back to the story, I bet it was something like 3 AM, and anywhere in America, a car coming off a college campus full of kids is gonna get pulled over at that hour.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Sam Banks":3bccu36c]When I was in high school a car full of us got pulled over and we all had to take a portable breathalizer. I'm assuming it's because we were underage, which was probably the case here too if Bubba is 19. If they pulled over a car load of soccer moms, I'm sure only the driver would have to blow. But then they would just get out of the ticket anyway and be on their merry way with a load.
If I pulled over a car of Soccer moms I would make sure more the one was blowing :lol:[/quote:3bccu36c]

heeeeyyyyooo

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
DeliciousBacon said:
justinmandawg said:
DeliciousBacon said:

Lots of people do illegal things, doesn't mean we should get rid of all laws just because people don't like them. The whole "I can join the military at 18 but can't drink till I'm 21, that's not fair!" argument is BS anyways. Drinking is not a right. Getting drunk with friends and driving around like an idiot is not a right. I'm not 35, so I can't be elected president, but I can join the military and vote? How unfair is that? What the hell man!?!?!

Getting back to the story, I bet it was something like 3 AM, and anywhere in America, a car coming off a college campus full of kids is gonna get pulled over at that hour.

Then you are going to lose that bet. It was not 3AM. It was prior to their curfew which is midnight.

Members online

Latest posts