Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Charlie Manuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
He is a gentleman and a scholar. Either the Cardinals clinch tonight or we play tomorrow...but, at least Charlie is managing 162 games. I respect that.

Great game, let's go Phillies and Tampa Bay!!!!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I don't think Charlie has ever been mistaken for a scholar. Good guy yeah, but not the best public speaker...

They used to ride him about it until he won the big one and 5 or 6 division titles in a row.

And it's pretty pathetic that he'd be the winningest Phils' manager ever with a win tonite. :lol:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
I don't think Charlie has ever been mistaken for a scholar. Good guy yeah, but not the best public speaker...

They used to ride him about it until he won the big one and 5 or 6 division titles in a row.

And it's pretty pathetic that he'd be the winningest Phils' manager ever with a win tonite. :lol:

Terrible post...he's a great manager.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I think brian was saying that such a short stint shouldn't get the most wins for the oldest franchise in professional sports.......not that he is a bad manager.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Lancemountain said:
I think brian was saying that such a short stint shouldn't get the most wins for the oldest franchise in professional sports.......not that he is a bad manager.

Exactly, thanks T.

I actually have met and like Charlie and think he was an under-rated Manager in Cleveland. Plus, the players absolutely LOVE him, which counts for a lot, at least when you win. Even if your public speaking is lacking...

I was just pointing out how bad it is that the record for Managing wins for a team with 120 years of History is so low. Plus, the guy who's record he broke, Gene Mauch, is best known for never winning the WS with some "chokes" ('64 Phils, '86 Angels) and most famous for blowing what had been, until last nite, the biggest collapse in September in baseball history. ::facepalm::

It just kinda shows how awful the Phillies have been for a LOOOOONG time. :lol:

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
My bad, it came off negative, but I see what you are saying.

As a Cardinals/baseball fan, I really like him(from what I've seen).

gt2590 said:
Lancemountain said:

Exactly, thanks T.

I actually have met and like Charlie and think he was an under-rated Manager in Cleveland. Plus, the players absolutely LOVE him, which counts for a lot, at least when you win. Even if your public speaking is lacking...

I was just pointing out how bad it is that the record for Managing wins for a team with 120 years of History is so low. Plus, the guy who's record he broke, Gene Mauch, is best known for never winning the WS with some "chokes" ('64 Phils, '86 Angels) and most famous for blowing what had been, until last nite, the biggest collapse in September in baseball history. ::facepalm::

It just kinda shows how awful the Phillies have been for a LOOOOONG time. :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Plus, he played most of his regular starters, even into extra innings, a move applauded by most baseball fans and writers.

The Yankees, not exactly eager to help the Sox out, had a Trenton Thunder line-up most of the time, especially in extra innings. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts