Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RAYS CLINCH THE AL WILDCARD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Literally 5 minutes after the Sox lose. You couldn't script this better.

Evan almighty, you are the man. :mrgreen:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jaypers said:

Funniest thing about that HR is that the Trop is the only park in the major leagues that doesn't hold that ball.

And wow, I can't imagine how Red Sox nation feels. I know the feeling, after watching the same kind of thing from my Tigers in 2009. This is the best day of baseball I have ever seen.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
NOTHING makes me happier than to see Boston sport teams go down in flames.

Longo is a beast.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
Jaypers said:

Funniest thing about that HR is that the Trop is the only park in the major leagues that doesn't hold that ball.

And wow, I can't imagine how Red Sox nation feels. I know the feeling, after watching the same kind of thing from my Tigers in 2009. This is the best day of baseball I have ever seen.

I personally can care less. The only thing I hate is the Stupid people that come out from under their rocks, just to bash and gloat that Boston Lost.
Really Immature and pathetic but Ive grown to expect it from some in here.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm waiting for someone to post "The Rays didn't win the Wildcard, the Sox lost it".

If you seriously believe the Rays didn't earn this, you're delusional.

And I'm out. Night.

Longoriafan3

Sep 11, 2011
Jaypers said:
I'm waiting for someone to post "The Rays didn't win the Wildcard, the Sox lost it".

And I'm out. Night.
Could have just quit after 7 innings regardless of what Yankees were on the field. Fact of the matter is, they didn't give up today, and proved how badly they wanted that Wild Card. Well deserved, well earned. Hopefully without Cliff Lee we can beat Texas this go-around

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
As a Red Sox fan, I have nothing but respect for the Rays. They earned that and played with more heart than the Red Sox have all year. The Sox wouldn't have put up another run after going down 7-0.

I have no respect for the quality and substance of the celebration by many fans, though. I am starting to wonder if sports fans are just a bunch of wild monkeys that are enlivened by the plight of others, especially after watching that Bartman special.

Maybe I am a bit late with my realizations...

Anywho, good night for baseball. The teams that deserved to win got the job done.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
19braves77 said:
Really feel bad for Carl Crawford, His noodle arm was exposed.

So he is supposed to be able to throw a guy out after he misses a sliding catch? Give me a break, man.

The problem isn't his arm-the problem is he should have made the sliding catch. Goodness, Roberto Clemente may not have even thrown out Reimold there after sliding and missing the catch.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Jaypers said:

And I'm out. Night.

Sox totally lost it. Credit to the Rays for playing above .500 ball in September, but the Sox definitely lost it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Longo became only the 6th player in history to hit a walkoff HR to clinch a playoff berth.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Bosox3 said:
hail2thevictors said:
Jaypers said:

I personally can care less. The only thing I hate is the Stupid people that come out from under their rocks, just to bash and gloat that Boston Lost.
Really Immature and pathetic but Ive grown to expect it from some in here.

You hit it right on the head-you grow to expect it.

I seriously feel for the Red Sox fans. It took me back to 2009 and watching my team, the Tigers, self-destruct down the wire, and losing a heartbreaking play-in game to the Twins. Those were not fun days, that is for sure. I truly feel bad for Red Sox fans.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jaypers said:

And I'm out. Night.

Sure, the Rays earned it. But come on Jaypers, the Red Sox possibly had the worst September collapse ever in baseball. Hopefully you can see the argument that the Red Sox lost it.

It is certainly a combination of both.

Members online

Latest posts