Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you ever think the Longoria Super ever shows up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Last night may have been the night that card would have been listed. It's gotta be sitting in a box somewhere.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Never know with a card like that, I have some I have severe doubts about whether they'll show up as well. The fun of collecting is in the hunt :lol:

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Its more then likely been pulled. Someone pulled and kept it. Thats what I've done on alot of highend cards. Don't even scan them for the world to see.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
You would think that someone would have come forward if they had it. Someone really has to be living under a rock to not communicate with any other collectors in some fashion.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
It's in a sealed box and one day, an FCB member will pull it and none of us will believe them when he/she posts about it.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I would have thought someone would have come out with it as well, but who knows, could be a couple days before someone shows it, not as likely, but possible. Look at the Lloyd Waner single HOF bat cards from 06, there are 60 of his single bat card, photobucket only has 1 of them, and I only found one other that was sold on eBay through worthpoint, and the person that has it is on sportscardforum. So that means a whole bunch of them are hidden, and this is a single card we're talking about. So who knows where the heck it is.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
homerun28aa said:
I would have thought someone would have come out with it as well, but who knows, could be a couple days before someone shows it, not as likely, but possible. Look at the Lloyd Waner single HOF bat cards from 06, there are 60 of his single bat card, photobucket only has 1 of them, and I only found one other that was sold on eBay through worthpoint, and the person that has it is on sportscardforum. So that means a whole bunch of them are hidden, and this is a single card we're talking about. So who knows where the heck it is.

True true.

We browse 1 or more card sites in a given week, but 60-80% of people I come across and talk to at shows just don't. They have their collections, and trade with friends. Up here in Minnesota there is a very large sportscard collector base, and many of those I know hold what they pull. I've talked to some about the value of what they have, and they don't care. Sentimental value. Personally I've pulled 6 or 7 1/1's, but I've never put my 1st on the market(or scanned it for that matter). I'm not saying this is what happened with the Longoria Super, but you can't so easily dismiss the possibility because it hasn't showed up at auction or popular sportscard forums

Edit: I'm directing this to the whle thread and not just you homerun28aa. I agree with you're previous post

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
mwashuc06 said:
Last night may have been the night that card would have been listed. It's gotta be sitting in a box somewhere.
remind me which bowman this comes out of, draft, chrome?

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
hmmm I might have to bust a few cases of 2006 draft to see if I can pull that Longo... I've had some good luck lately hitting big cards

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Adamsince1981 said:
It's in a sealed box and one day, an FCB member will pull it and none of us will believe them when he/she posts about it.

i know i have tried buying a few boxes. came close once

bobby-1.jpg

I have two cases of 06 bowman draft sitting in a closet. I thought about offering them on the boards in a group buy but when I saw what boxes were going for (too cheap), I decided to just keep sitting on them. I should have sold them when they were going for around 80+ a box.

FCB advertisers Global and Orange County Sportscards do not have any boxes listed on their sites.

Blowout currently has them for $55.95 a box.
Dave and Adams has them for 62.95 a box.

EDIT: Everyone knows that the longo super posted above my post is photoshopped. Actually looking at some other supers, it looks like some have white borders and some have black borders. It may depend on the card. Anyone have any other 2006 bowman chrome draft superfractor autos to compare?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
wolfmanalfredo said:
Its more then likely been pulled. Someone pulled and kept it. Thats what I've done on alot of highend cards. Don't even scan them for the world to see.

^^This ^^ makes the most sense.

Why do so many simply assume that every good card that is pulled is immediately sold to someone else :? - where are the collectors here?

I'm more than happy with this RC super:
193%20Evan%20Longoria%20RC.jpg

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Finally, some speculation on these boards about the Evan Longoria 2006 Bowman Chrome Superfractor. I've been waiting for this card to finally get discussed, but no one ever seems to bring it up.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I am a Longoria collector and while the superfractor would be nice to see, definitely would only ever sell to a deep pocketed collector. Heck, concerning 06 Bowman Draft I just settled for his blue ref with jersey number 3/150. I got my rookie 1/1 too, even though it is not a superfractor:

longoriaBDraftRed.jpg

I wish him and the Rays some more good luck in the postseason.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
This is as close as I got, pulled it the day he got called up to the majors:

elrr.jpg

I hope it finds a good new home :( :( :(

It's been fun....

Members online