Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The set that never was... 2002 Fleer Exclusives MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Lots of cool Fleer proof sheets have been showing up on the bay lately, from the Fleer bankruptcy auction. Most I have seen have been for produced sets. But thought it was very interesting to see some from a set that never got produced, 2002 Fleer Exclusive. Had to have the one with Grace on it (also has Schilling, Chipper, Andruw Jones and 5 others) for the PC. Neat to see a set that was designed but not printed. BTW, there are two other proof sheets of this set still available, one with Jeter and one with Griffey. Plus the box artwork with Jeter. Kinda pricey for a sheet of paper, but cool as these may be the only record of this "set lost to history."

The one I bought:
$(KGrHqV,!ksE3OC)jB4qBN1qR1rRwg~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKjIE28TMlj)tBN1qR9S3IQ~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqEOKooE3FB6GwMhBN1qSFvlFw~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKj4E3Li3UPNeBN1qSNm0!!~~_12.JPG

Box artwork:
$(KGrHqMOKjEE17SS4ZU+BNvfzb20fQ~~_12.JPG

MLB approval request form:
$(KGrHqMOKiME3EyHHWE1BN3-5V59Ww~~_12.JPG

autocut

I've been watching all of them for a while. The seller is making a killing. They were initially sold by sport on eBay by an auction house. There were like 10 folders full and sold for around $200. There are a bunch of sets that had cards that were never produced or just left out of the set. I bought the mockups of 2001 Fleer genuine tommy heinreich (Henrich) material issue jersey, 2001 Fleer genuine nomar garciaparra genuine coverage jersey, and 2001 Fleer genuine vladimir guerrero genuine coverage jersey. None of them made the set. I hope mockups of 2001 Fleer genuine names of the game pops up. Lou Gehrig was pulled from that set.

Members online