Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ALDS | Tigers 3 - Yankees 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Tigers

Austin Jackson, CF
Don Kelly, 3B
Delmon Young, LF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B
Victor Martinez, DH
Magglio Ordonez, RF
Alex Avila, C
Jhonny Peralta, SS
Ramon Santiago, 2B

Doug Fister, P

Yankees

Derek Jeter, SS
Curtis Granderson, CF
Robinson Cano, 2B
Alex Rodriguez, 3B
Mark Teixeira, 1B
Nick Swisher, RF
Jorge Posada, DH
Russell Martin, C
Brett Gardner, LF

Ivan Nova, P

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: ALDS Game 1 - Tigers vs. Yankees

Go Tigers!

I think this will be a great game with two of the game's best pitchers starting tonight. Would love to see Verlander go ahead and throw another no-hitter :cool:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

Pretty excited, this SHOULD be a great Series!

I think they're pretty evenly matched and alot alike...

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY

Verlander will bring it but after tonight I think the Tigers have to pitch around Cano. A-Rod is beat up and hitting .143 in his last 10 games. Verlander is the only pitcher the Tigers have that should be challenging Cano. That said I think the Tigers win tonight and have a real shot at going up 2-0 over the weekend with the way Fister has been pitching.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

SilverandBlack said:
Verlander will bring it but after tonight I think the Tigers have to pitch around Cano. A-Rod is beat up and hitting .143 in his last 10 games. Verlander is the only pitcher the Tigers have that should be challenging Cano. That said I think the Tigers win tonight and have a real shot at going up 2-0 over the weekend with the way Fister has been pitching.

I think taking one of two in New York would be a big victory for the Tigers considering how well they typically play at home, even though their game 3 and 4 pitchers are much more inconsistent than Verlander and Fister have been.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States

My wife is still aggravated at the Twins for giving him up for nothing. Not that she's a big Delmon fan, but he's got more talent than what we got back for him. If you ever meet my wife, don't get her started...

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010

Greg Cleveland said:
My wife is still aggravated at the Twins for giving him up for nothing. Not that she's a big Delmon fan, but he's got more talent than what we got back for him. If you ever meet my wife, don't get her started...

It really doesn't make sense. The Tigers gave up literally next to nothing for him.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

How has Verlander done after rain delays this year?

I know Sabathia carried a no hitter through two rain delays so I have faith in him.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010

vwnut13 said:
How has Verlander done after rain delays this year?

I know Sabathia carried a no hitter through two rain delays so I have faith in him.

Meaningless, bro.

But, keep trying :lol: :lol: I don't think Verlander has pitched through a delay this year, but I am not even close to worried.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Jack Straw said:
Not sure why they didn't put a retractable roof on Yankee
Stadium??

Why?

Because a retractable roof is an eyesore, plus you need about 25% more land in order to do it.

Yankee Stadium was designed to look like the original stadium pre renovations. A Roof would have killed the eye appeal.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

vwnut13 said:
Jack Straw said:
Not sure why they didn't put a retractable roof on Yankee
Stadium??

Why?

Because a retractable roof is an eyesore, plus you need about 25% more land in order to do it.

Yankee Stadium was designed to MAKE THE STEINBRENNER GROUP AS MUCH MONEY AS POSSIBLE. A Roof would have COST MORE MONEY.

Fixed it for You!

Members online

Latest posts