Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck Redemption Mailday-fingers crossed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I swore to myself no more redemptions, but after I saw that Upper Deck decided to do this:

http://upperdeckblog.com/2011/09/brag-p ... hl-season/

I decided that it might be worth a shot. To my knowledge, this is the first time in history any card company has ever scanned every single copy of a mainstream rookie card out of a high end product. Card companies should follow their lead to help combat patch faking. Kudos to Upper Deck.

So i've been anxiously awaiting fedex, and today the sealed envelope finally came in. Of course, I was praying for no single color patches, which there are quite a few.

Here's what I got:

scan0003-3.jpg

Honestly, I couldn't be happier :D :D :D

Thank you redemption gods!

Here's a hint for those thinking about picking up a Hall - I think they are hand-picking the best patches to give away to the early customers - I haven't seen a single color patch on ebay yet, so if you ever thought about redeeming one, get it now and get it in quick before they run out of multi-colored patches!

And talk about provenance, EVERY single card in the run is matched with a scan, so no patch faking these, ever!

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
The UD redemption gods were kind again. I actually pulled a redemption out of a case, and viola!

scan0002-6.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Check out this sweet one I got in today. I think it's the sickest mojo patch i've ever seen in my life:

scan0001-7.jpg

I guess 2 out of 3 aint' too shabby LOL.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
OMG dude you have three Cup Taylor Hall RC's!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Im so jealous!!! What are you doing with them. Gonna sit on them a few years and hope Hall becomes a big superstar?? Are they Investment? Keeping one for PC?

again man, oh so jealous!!!

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Oh, yahhhhhhhhhh:

scan0007-2.jpg

This may be the last redemption for me since 90% of the product has been cracked.

I'll take a .750 batting average any day!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Ok, so I know squat about Hockey cards, but CONGRATS.
I don't know what you spent, but I just checked out completed auctions for this card....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
lisu said:
brouthercard said:
good gosh, I just pulled another redemption today - this guy haunts me! LOL!!!

Wow, did you get the box from Shrek today?

No, it was from a different source. Did he have any at the show? I couldn't make it.

Members online

Latest posts