Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College Football alert for baseball prospectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Going to do you guys a favor in case no one is paying attention to the Wisconsin/Nebraska game.

Russell Wilson is the QB for the Badgers
Russell Wilson also signed a contract and is a Colorado Rockies prospect
Russell Wilson has a card in 2010 Bowman DPP
Russell Wilson so far tonight has gone 12/16 for 233 and 2 TD, PLUS rushed for another TD.

Might want to dig out anything you have and see about listing it, because the Heisman hype is about to get LOUD.

EDIT: Jaydub, NICE move!

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i made a 5 to one odds bet with someone at 10 dollars to 50 dollars at beginning of the year that wisky would not win the championship. seemed like a decent bet to make, but they are looking good. prolly end up getting beat by some sec team in one of the bcs games though.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
i made a 5 to one odds bet with someone at 10 dollars to 50 dollars at beginning of the year that wisky would not win the championship. seemed like a decent bet to make, but they are looking good. prolly end up getting beat by some sec team in one of the bcs games though.

k, thanks...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
TBTwinsFan said:
Topps sent me a Chrome card as a replacement last year... I should look into picking a few up just to see if I could move them.

You could buy now, but there won't be a bigger stage for Wilson than tonight, so I'm not sure it's the time. Big 10 Championship game might be another opportunity.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hive17 said:
miguelcabrera said:

k, thanks...

sure wisky looked good today against nebraska, but i just can't see them beating a team like bama or lsu with a top notch defense. nebraska's number 8 ranking or w/e they are is a little overrated imo, but then again, i think this years college football is so top heavy with the top 5 or so being much better than say 7-25 teams. Also look out for clemson too, they looked pretty good against tech today. can never count out bsu either.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
hive17 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
Topps sent me a Chrome card as a replacement last year... I should look into picking a few up just to see if I could move them.

You could buy now, but there won't be a bigger stage for Wilson than tonight, so I'm not sure it's the time. Big 10 Championship game might be another opportunity.

bigger stage would definitely be one of the bcs games, which i think wisky is a semi lock for in that weak big 10 at this point

I'll do you one better. Buy 2002 bowman chrome autos of Brandon Weeden. Former Yankees prospect who is the QB at Oklahoma State. Joe Bauserman (Ohio State QB) also has cards in 2004 sp prospects but don't think Ohio State is bowl eligible.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
hive17 said:
TBTwinsFan said:

There isn't a ton on eBay to pick at right now... 2-3 base chromes at $3 a piece (one is OBO but you could only work it down so far), a gold refractor, and some lots.

I will have to find something...

EDIT: Not a lot of either 3. Bauserman has a Super up for $100 OBO.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
hive17 said:
miguelcabrera said:

k, thanks...

sure wisky looked good today against nebraska, but i just can't see them beating a team like bama or lsu with a top notch defense. nebraska's number 8 ranking or w/e they are is a little overrated imo, but then again, i think this years college football is so top heavy with the top 5 or so being much better than say 7-25 teams. Also look out for clemson too, they looked pretty good against tech today. can never count out bsu either.

Their offense is at a different level this year. We've never, and I mean NEVER, had a QB this electric. So while I agree that the elite SEC teams have defenses from hell, there might not be a more balanced offense in college football this year. And I didn't really want to believe it at the beginning of the year, but day-yum.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
David Campos said:
I'll do you one better. Buy 2002 bowman chrome autos of Brandon Weeden. Former Yankees prospect who is the QB at Oklahoma State. Joe Bauserman (Ohio State QB) also has cards in 2004 sp prospects but don't think Ohio State is bowl eligible.

That's a good one too. I see a few coming off the board at $10-$15.

Still, for max exposure, it's hard to beat base cards and a rabid fan base like Wisconsin (although I'd guess OkSU has some pretty awesome fans as well).

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I wondered if that was the same Brandon Weeden.

I was skeptical of Wisconsin, as there's not a coach in college football who can poorly coach a good team like Bielema. Wilson is as advertised though. Him behind that O line is lethal.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Would these actually be worth something in the event that one of these guys get the Heisman? That isn't the case if a former NFL player makes it big in the UFC. I guess it's different.

One thing is for sure, each of the guys mentioned in the thread will be receiving a TTM request as soon as I can locate cards of them.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
MarinerswinWS said:
So did he quit baseball?

He AND the Rockies say no, but I'll believe it when I see it. Not that I think he'll make it in the NFL, but another agent could convince him otherwise.

jaydub

Jun 18, 2010
Arvada, CO
Yeah I saw the commercials for the Badgers / Cornhuskers game and figured it was time to list. I knew Wisconsin was highly ranked already but didn't know Nebraska was. Wilson and the Badgers clobbered them so you gotta like their chances going forward.

Did you see this other listing? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russell-Wilson- ... 196wt_1054

Nice collection but that was too high for an opening bid.

hive17 said:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
jaydub said:
Yeah I saw the commercials for the Badgers / Cornhuskers game and figured it was time to list. I knew Wisconsin was highly ranked already but didn't know Nebraska was. Wilson and the Badgers clobbered them so you gotta like their chances going forward.

Did you see this other listing? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russell-Wilson- ... 196wt_1054

Nice collection but that was too high for an opening bid.

hive17 said:

Yeah, I saw that lot. He whiffed pretty hard on the opening bid.

chipstar09

Dec 26, 2008
David Campos said:

I wouldn't even bother with Bauserman, the only thing it seems he's capable of is taking a sack.

Members online