Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone here lucky enough to have stolen this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
[ebay:3m0qr5kr]390351753546[/ebay:3m0qr5kr]

unreal how dumb some sellers are.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
I think all big sellers make listing blunders from time to time; you left $150 on the table not adding the name "Frank Thomas" to the title or description of that 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Inverted Atomic Refractor you sold a few weeks back. I don't think you were stupid, you were just working within the limitations of the then short title allowance and then probably forgot to put a real description in the listing because you list so many items.

Anyway, big sellers list quickly; listing quickly leads to less than optimal blunders at times.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
BunchOBull said:
I think all big sellers make listing blunders from time to time; you left $150 on the table not adding the name "Frank Thomas" to the title or description of that 1997 Bowman's Best Mirror Image Inverted Atomic Refractor you sold a few weeks back. I don't think you were stupid, you were just working within the limitations of the then short title allowance and then probably forgot to put a real description in the listing because you list so many items.

Anyway, big sellers list quickly; listing quickly leads to less than optimal blunders at times.

lol, there is no way on earth that card would have got another 150 bucks, no chance
at all.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
boomo said:
BunchOBull said:

lol, there is no way on earth that card would have got another 150 bucks, no chance
at all.

I think it's funny that you are questioning a known Frank Thomas collector on the value of a super rare Frank Thomas card.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i know who i sold it for, he wrote the title, and i know a little bit about
90's inserts myself, just a little.

191.00? not in a million years.
and the title had thomas bagwell in it,
did people skip it cus it must have been
another thomas?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
boomo said:
BunchOBull said:

at all.

No real way of knowing but lets just agree that you left a BUNCH of cash on the table with the Thomas/Bagwell.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The point is, I know several guys with deep pockets still on the hunt for that card. I already own a copy and would have thrown at least a $100 bid at it.

Yes, it said "Thomas" and "Bagwell." There are 10s of thousands of cards with guys who have the name Thomas, first or last. I rarely search for just "Thomas."

Get defensive all you want, but you left more than a bill on the table.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
buy it now, you found an idiot.
anyway, it wasnt my card, and certain guys i sell for
give me the titles they want, i have no real say
or opinion. ive seen the atomic get as little as 5 bucks,
so almost 200 seems odd. and anyone looking for that card
who doesnt use 1997 atomic in the title isnt searching right anyway.
and if they do and dont click on thomas bagwell, well, dumb.
at least know with 80 characters all the info can be put in.

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
I like how the thread turned out no where near what the OP was going for.....I really wish I would have seen that rivera...would have been nice to add one that cheap!!!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
If that's really your mentality, you will continue to leave money on the table as you aren't appealing to the casual buyer; only those who are actively searching for one particular card/set...therefore, those searching for a deal.

I would have been a casual buyer in this case.

Listen, you're an honest seller, I've purchased from you before, and I'm sure I will again. However, there is little reason to try to defend that listing as being "smart," and bash another seller for being "dumb." I'm sure you've seen an inverted atomic refractor of Thomas sell for $5 before; if you are remembering correctly, it was either not on eBay, not in the last 10 years, or had just as poor of a listing as the last to sell.

It's amazing that the copy that sold just 3 weeks before your consignment went for $180+.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Cancellierecards said:
That sellers actually good
I have bought of them as well. I have gotten some cards in the range I expected to pay for them.
So I guess I need to see if I have anything rare of his to sell, but I doubt it since he is a Yankee and I don't collect anything of theirs. :lol:

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Wow, I would guess that's over a $250 card right there. My semi uneducated guess...

We have a Mo collector here on the baords. I would be curious what he thinks it worth or would be willing to pay for that card. I think the silver auto really pops on that black background.

Tom

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I definitely know a guy who would drop 2 bills on that card in a heartbeat, probably two and a quarter, I would have liked to see that card put at $299 with best offer or something like that. He definitely left money on the table

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Would have loved to add that one to my 2005 Finest auto set. I search for 2005 finest pretty often and was unlucky to miss that one. I'd say that $250 or so is about what that card would get.

n1astrosfn

Dec 4, 2008
charlotte
not sure how an established card business would make such a huge blunder.

also, to chime in on the 1997 best inverted atomic. as a bagwell collector, i sold mine at bin for 100 a couple years ago, within minutes. i saw the one the op put up but didnt bother sniping as i figured the thomas collectors were on it...big mistake. the previous one sold for 179.49, so you mightve lost more than the mariano.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts