Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What the..........? ! ? !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
EDITED: I FORGOT TO ADD THE LINK. SORRY.

Will someone with any brains (since I don't) please start producing serial numbered holograms so I can stick them on cards and retire? I'll pay you.

If this card is legit will someone please tell me where it came from? Here are words from Upper Deck:
Sorry, your search did not match any items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... EF:US:1123

We are unable to locate AAA89990 in our hologram database. Older hologram numbers and hologram numbers from shows have not been transferred over to our on-line database as of yet.

Private bidders list. No description except "i do not have the other certificate that goes with it". From my point of view it looks like $2K down the drain. Any help would be appreciated.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Doesnt technically mean anything..I bought one of the 600 HR Ken Griffey Jr. auto'd jerseys /33 and it took almost 4 months for the HOLO to appear in the UD database..If it has been out for awhile, I would start to get a little worried..

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
gregbara said:
I think he is talking about the Arod in his signature.

Look at the serial number on that card and the one he posted.

Nowhere near the same.

I'd love to help him out, but we need a little more help then that (plus, I am not going to track down said auction).

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
Sorry everyone. I forgot to add the link to the auction. Check out the original post and let me know what you think.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I have never seen an arod auto look like that. Granted I have not seen every one but that looks pretty bad.

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
That seller has sold countless questionable "buyback" autographs, almost on a weekly basis.

Expect the worst.

I am not buying the card. I was saying it's $2K down the drain for whoever the buyer ends up being. I wish we were still allowed to contact the bidders so people could educate them on the crap they are purchasing. It has gone from counterfeiting, trimming, fake patches and now this.

Ths site is so helpful for so many things but I really like the fact we all have a little knowledge about something and share it with fellow board members such as instances like this.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
cbrandtw said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
That seller has sold countless questionable "buyback" autographs, almost on a weekly basis.

Expect the worst.

I am not buying the card. I was saying it's $2K down the drain for whoever the buyer ends up being. I wish we were still allowed to contact the bidders so people could educate them on the crap they are purchasing. It has gone from counterfeiting, trimming, fake patches and now this.

Ths site is so helpful for so many things but I really like the fact we all have a little knowledge about something and share it with fellow board members such as instances like this.
As they say, "A fool and his money."

People who are willing to drop that kind of money should be able to do some basic research, so frankly...the buyer deserves what they will get.

Members online

Latest posts