Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why can't I find this Johnny Bench Safeco anywhere?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyH

Aug 9, 2008
Eastern Shore MD
Thought this would be easy to look up.
Picked up this sealed bag of 40 lunch bags for $2 but cannot seem to find another Bench card with red/white/blue.
Any help would be appreciated!
Magazines001.jpg

Magazines002.jpg

Magazines003.jpg

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
You may want to pull that card down. The highest graded is a PSA 4 and if you could get a 4.5+ you likely would get some real good revenue being a PSA finest 1 of 1.

TonyH

Aug 9, 2008
Eastern Shore MD
bouwob said:
You may want to pull that card down. The highest graded is a PSA 4 and if you could get a 4.5+ you likely would get some real good revenue being a PSA finest 1 of 1.

sschauer you have been thanked, I had no idea what card it was.

I thought about getting it graded but thought it might still do well sealed. Am I wrong thinking that?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The guy with the finest set also has a bench 73 comics which is a minimum $1000 card. The last complete set sold for $15000.

Running the registry gamble in my opinion may be worthwhile.

I do not know johnny bench all that much, but the demand is low compared to other top teir HOFers.

I would examine it through the bag looking at edges and surfaces, and if it looks good rip it out and send it in.

There are only 33 collectors in the bench master set, but the top few likely spend a lot of money.

sschauer

Aug 7, 2008
Covington, KY
The problem with grading the 75 test is the backs the stars dimple the back like the press was set on 20 tons when they came down on the paper and press through that is why there are no high grades. I personally think the bag is resealed why anyone would do this to a $2 item I don't know the test disc is worth a lot more out of that package. It's worth the $2 gamble and open it and look at the back of the disc if dimpled don't bother sell raw for 10-20.