Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Updates Legends Variations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
The O'Neill is a pleasant surprise! Glad Topps went with a different photo this time after using the exact same photo of O'neill in Lineage, Marquee, and Triple Threads. This photo looks like it was taken during 1999 World Series.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
nevermore said:
The O'Neill is a pleasant surprise! Glad Topps went with a different photo this time after using the exact same photo of O'neill in Lineage, Marquee, and Triple Threads. This photo looks like it was taken during 1999 World Series.
I thought you would like that one.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
hofmichael said:
nevermore said:

Sure do! All the new 2011 autos are nice, but this was the one card I was hoping O'Neill would get. It will be challenging chasing all the parallels this time, but will be worth it since they look stunning. Good luck tracking down all the SP variations for your sets.

I thought it was interesting that the Diamond Parallels of SP Legends cards have the team logo next to the name, whereas the regular base cards have the team logo replaced with a foil diamond.
140.jpg
140.jpg

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
nevermore said:
hofmichael said:
nevermore said:

Sure do! All the new 2011 autos are nice, but this was the one card I was hoping O'Neill would get. It will be challenging chasing all the parallels this time, but will be worth it since they look stunning. Good luck tracking down all the SP variations for your sets.

I thought it was interesting that the Diamond Parallels of SP Legends cards have the team logo next to the name, whereas the regular base cards have the team logo replaced with a foil diamond.
140.jpg
140.jpg
Thanks for the well wishes.Brad the complete list is in my thread.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The Frank Thomas is actually a really nice image of him coming in for a slide. He's rarely pictured as a base runner unless it's a home run trot.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
nice cards. i especially like the teams and phtos for some of them. thomas with the A's, nolan with the Mets and ruth with the sox. you usually dont see those guys with those teams at all...

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
bowmanchromeandorr said:
nice cards. i especially like the teams and phtos for some of them. thomas with the A's, nolan with the Mets and ruth with the sox. you usually dont see those guys with those teams at all...
Ryan with the Mets was done in 2009 Updates.He has also had 4 other cards(2 with the Rangers and 2 with Angels).Oddly they haven't made an Astros Variation for him yet.The Ruth photo is the same from his 2009 Updates card as well.The Aaron looks to be the same picture as his 1961 Topps card.

Members online

Latest posts