Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ripken Steal Arrived!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
I dont normally post maildays, but I got really lucky to get this for my set for only 270. My snipe was set for nearly twice that...i've tracked all the sales of this set and the Ripken hasnt sold for less than 500. Needless to say, i was very happy with a middle of the week, one day auction that ended about 630ish. I think that hurt the seller, but it kept my quest for the set alive!! With this (and another addition that i should have tomorrow) im at 23/28

(PS, anyone have the 05 version??)

CR.jpg

AK11

May 24, 2010
:shock: Holy guacamole. I need to search Ripken autos more often. That is a beauty of an inscription. Congrats.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Congrats on the win and addition.
Due to having to go out of state this past weekend for a family funeral, I had to back down from the bidding, so that saved you a few hundred more in bumps. ;)

I'll own one some day. Congrats again.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Thanks guys, and thanks Russ! :D I was shocked to say the least at the final price. I honestly did not expect to win it despite a snipe over 500.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Great pick up. Love those inscription autos in that set. How many of the 8 have you ever seen come up on the open market. Was it a redemption or live in packs?

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
matchpenalty said:
Great pick up. Love those inscription autos in that set. How many of the 8 have you ever seen come up on the open market. Was it a redemption or live in packs?

Of the 8, numbers 1,2,3,5 have been listed on ebay..so half the PR already.

These were live in packs I believe.

So far, only 1 card that has been on ebay, has had the entire PR listed (I only really do my searches on ebay). The Ken Griffey Jr. version "MVP 97" has a PR of 3, and all three have already hit ebay.

/10

Aug 1, 2011
JoshHamilton said:
I hate it when athletes put bible verses on cards

Just kidding. Nice pickup

Ah c'mon, who wouldn't read the Good Word out of a really long book called "Ironman"?

Members online

Latest posts