Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bad Idea.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Re: Kevin's Mail Days!

Dice-K Collector said:
Im going to make a running threads, with pictures of what Im shipping. Only pictures of cards Im sending to people for no cost will be posted here. Basically showing generosity, maybe this will get some new members to see what this site can be about, helping out other collectors!

So heres mailday #1:

7d243513.jpg

Thanks for looking! And dont be surprised if you collect someone (or something) and you get a private message from me!

:D

(Yes I did get this idea from magicpapa, and I figured since Ive been helping out a LOT of player collectors lately, I could document exactly how much Ive been helping out! Please let me know if Im being rude making a thread like this, Im not trying to be)

Thats great that youre doing this, but a thread like this seems to be an attempt to attract attention to yourself to get praise from other members. People truly doing it for others benefit dont need to make it public.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010

TomMurry said:
Dice-K Collector said:
Im going to make a running threads, with pictures of what Im shipping. Only pictures of cards Im sending to people for no cost will be posted here. Basically showing generosity, maybe this will get some new members to see what this site can be about, helping out other collectors!

So heres mailday #1:

7d243513.jpg

Thanks for looking! And dont be surprised if you collect someone (or something) and you get a private message from me!

:D

(Yes I did get this idea from magicpapa, and I figured since Ive been helping out a LOT of player collectors lately, I could document exactly how much Ive been helping out! Please let me know if Im being rude making a thread like this, Im not trying to be)

Thats great that youre doing this, but a thread like this seems to be an attempt to attract attention to yourself to get praise from other members. People truly doing it for others benefit dont need to make it public.

See thats not why Im doing this. And Ill stop this thread if thats what it comes off as (and keep helping other in private), but I did this to show new members that this site is partly about helping out other collectors! Ill make a poll to see what others think.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

If you want to do something for another member, PM them and ask them for their address. Making posts like this are asking for attention. Same as posting a mailday, you want people to look and comment.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

Making a thread looking for praise and draw attention is the wrong way to go about it. You do it to help out other collectors, and possibly make their day. Not to get a pat on the back from everyone else.

This is coming off as a way for you to give yourself credit for giving out freebies. Like I said above, thats not the way to do it. Even with the new member excuse, you're drawing attention to yourself from them. Giving is supposed to be selfless, and this looks to be the opposite of that

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010

TomMurry said:
If you want to do something for another member, PM them and ask them for their address. Making posts like this are asking for attention. Same as posting a mailday, you want people to look and comment.

I see your point, but that wasnt the goal. Im gonna keep posting maildays, but I wont update the topic... Ill just use it to document now.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA

Dice-K Collector said:
TomMurry said:

I see your point, but that wasnt the goal. Im gonna keep posting maildays, but I wont update the topic... Ill just use it to document now.

Again, youre asking for attention from others. Just PM someone, ask for their address and send something if thats what youre wanting to do. Posting when you send things is making it public and youre doing it for the wrong reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online