Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Swag Cards now on FCB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwagCards

May 4, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I have been a reader on FCB for nearly a year now but I am going to start making a better effort to comment too.

SwagCards is currently the highest book value seller on COMC and I am constantly working on growing that. I am unsure as to other plans to expand, but I am hoping to add setting up at major shows and possibly down the road adding a card shop too.

Background- Like so many I was big into collecting in the 90's and managed a card shop in Knoxville Tennessee then. When the shop failed so did my passion for the hobby. When DeAngelo Williams was drafted it started the fire burning a little again, because I was such a big fan of his while in school at the University of Memphis. A couple years later I attended the National in Cleveland even though I wasn't really collecting beyond DeLo, but it was something I always wanted to see but could never afford when I was younger. While at the National I was tricked into talking to COMC because there is nothing better than a free shirt to force me to listen. After hearing how their site worked I had my excuse to buy wax because I had a way to sell the cards I didn't want. I didn't do much in the way of cards again for a while.

When I saw that FCB was having it's show in Atlanta, it fell on a weekend that worked well for me so I decided to try it. I am not sure what it was about the FCB show, but it turned my fire for the hobby on 110%. I think it was the perfect mix of large but not overwhelming (like the national) and it had good dealers who were easy to work with. I ended up spending several thousand dollars at the FCB show and even more important it turned that switch back on in my head and told me that I was going to really get back into this hobby that I loved but I had been separated from for so long.

I look forward to making new FCB friends!!

Matthew Cook

Staff online