Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ken Griffey Jr & Topps, it's about time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was looking at the listings for Topps Marquee Museums last night, trying to rationalize hitting the BIN on the Koufax, and then wondering who else would look good with one of these autos. Then it hit me, Ken Griffey Jr, naturally. UD has been out of baseball for a year-and-a-half. Would any agreement they have still be in effect? Would he care to sign for Topps after being UD's "spokesman" for almost 2 decades? Has Topps reached out yet? Looking at ebay, it looks like the only cards he's signed since 2010 are an insert in 2010 UD, and Obak(?).

Like in the 50s when it wasn't possible to have a set with Mantle, Mays, and Musial in it, and to some extent when Topps wasn't able to include A-Rod in the 90s, missing Griffey from these high-end sets feels wrong, especially when he was an active player, but also now that he's retired.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
cgilmo said:
I know griffeys agent, he said that they were about to get busy with griffey in the card market.
Great news.Does anyone know how long Jeter's autograph contract with UD is for?

Watt

Aug 16, 2008
Cleveland
cgilmo said:
I know griffeys agent, he said that they were about to get busy with griffey in the card market.

saw on another board Griffey is signing for SportKings D (or E, whatever the upcoming release is)

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Correct...Griffey Jr. will be in Sportkings E releasing this Spring, and I'm guessing there will be some amazing cards of him in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts