Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone remember "Spend The Day With Jose"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
Hey all,

I was telling a friend about this recently and I couldn't come up with all the details. Back in the early 2000's I was surfing Jose Canseco's website and in the "shop" section, among the various autographed photos and other memorabilia items was a thing called "Spend The Day With Jose". I believe the price was $2500 and if you could get to yourself to Florida, you can hang out with Jose Canseco for the day. There was even a funny picture of Jose in casual attire hanging out with some lucky youngster. The story I heard surrounding this was, this was Jose's genius way to make a few dollars while on house arrest.

I know there's more details and funny things about this I'm forgetting. Also, someone HAS to have that pic of him and the kid that was one his website.

Discuss.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I met a Canseco collector at a show in 09 in the autograph line that did the 2500 spend a day with him thing. He had a handful of authentic jerseys and bats signed. This guy seemed to be a huge Canseco memorabilia collector not so much a card collector and had followed him all over the country to various show signings.

cwells46

Aug 7, 2008
Pigeon Forge, TN
Pine Tar said:
Google is cool ;)
And I bet this kid would like to pay 2500 hit Canseco in the nuts :lol:
[youtube:2cs13pn7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHKUxmPS2ac&NR=1[/youtube:2cs13pn7]

Couldn't have been all bad Bo Jackson was there to ice down his marbles....

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
Screenshot2011-10-05at20840PM.png

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
csmtampa said:

:lol: that is just plain laughable. You can get so much cool memorabelia or cards for that price or anything, $2500 is quite a chunk of change.

Latest posts