Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1989 MSA Master Bread Disc - Variation or Junk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
The 1989 MSA Master Bread Discs were released in complete sheets, factory sets, as well as singles in loaves of bread. The singles that were inserted with the bread are almost brown instead of the bright white from the factory sets. Do the player collectors on this board, consider this a collectible variation or trash? The bread discoloration is uniform so unlike the staining from the Tetley Tea Discs that was caused by coming in direct contact with the food, this seemed to have been some type of chemical reaction from being in the bread bag. Thoughts?

1989MSAMasterBreadDiscVariation.jpg

sschauer

Aug 7, 2008
Covington, KY
I'd consider it a variation only if you take a white one and put in with bread does it turn brown also? If yes then just a dirty card if no then it's a variation. It's an interesting situation.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
It's not just one, I have multiple examples. I may need to do the bread test on one of my Wally Joyners; however, it will be unscientific as we don't have Master Bread out on the East Coast and the preservative they used 20+ years ago may be different.

Members online