Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

milestone reached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I am currently sitting at 25,805 total ryan cards with another ~200 to add.

Now I know most of you think this is a wacky milestone, but I get excited adding a 1989 topps card when most people would throw them away. It also allows me to find those super tough regionals or cards that people refuse to list because of the little value that may come from them.

My goal is to reach 1 million total cards (No pacific) of ryan by the time I die. This goal is lofty and likely imposable but do you think I have any chance? I am currently 28 and with any luck I have 40 more years to do it.

Hello 25,000 ;)

Thanks,

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I think 1 million is doable. Focus on picking up big collections all at once - can probably add 1000-2000 at a time for around $100 a pop. But do you really want to drop 100 grand on something that is impossible to move (in more ways than one?) Would be a conversation piece, no doubt!

You may be able to corner the market on 1991 Fleer Ryans.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Very nice indeed.

One million? Wow, that seems like a very tall order but I'd say go for it. Let's pretend each card cost you on average a dime. I'm guessing it'll run you a fair amount more than that, but let's run with it. You'll have invested at least $100K in the collection, spread out over 40 years... that's $2,500 per year. You ready for that? Go get 'em!

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
mudflap02 said:
I think 1 million is doable. Focus on picking up big collections all at once - can probably add 1000-2000 at a time for around $100 a pop. But do you really want to drop 100 grand on something that is impossible to move (in more ways than one?) Would be a conversation piece, no doubt!

You may be able to corner the market on 1991 Fleer Ryans.

these cards are tough, at least according to the collections I have picked up.

I have run across 40 fleers compared to 600 ultras.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Have several Topps T 206 and Topps Chicle cases in 300ct boxes that have many Ryans you are welcome too if you want to pm your address.

Let's get this guy to one million!

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
I am all for having goals but wouldn't the money be better spent focusing in on a few rare cards than a shitload of doubles?I say that based on your registry set you have been working on.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I have faith that you will reach your goal if we could stop you from trying to chase the Longoria super :)

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
Wow, that's already quite a lot. I get back from a business trip next Friday I will look through to see if I have any Ryan's for you, I'd be happy to help you out. A million seems like a really tall order but maybe it can be done

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
two words:

COMIC BALL

:)

ebaywax1944.jpg

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
One Million. No way. 250,000 maybe. I have been collecting Juan Gonzalez for 21 years and am now at 76,000. i buy all the lots i see ( within reason ). We are talking Ryan here. you will not see 1000 count lots very often. and not for 100 bucks. Good luck to you.

Members online

Latest posts