Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don't ship items to Brazil...period. UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
UPDATE: Well the guy from Brazil messaged me today (3 months later) and said he got his games. He can't remove the feedback b/c it's been 30 days since he dropped the N-bombs on me. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Still nevers hipping to Brazil though...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You will get ripped off. You have a 50% chance of everything going right. I don't know if the postal system sucks down there or if there are that many criminals.

In the past 2 months I've refunded 3 different buyers their money b/c it had been "2 months and item had not arrived yet"

Now I just got dropped 4 neg bombs from same buyer with no email, no message through ebay, b/c he says he hasn't received the games and they were sent out about 2 months ago.

All Brazil. All a PITA. Don't ship to Brazil.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
Re: Don't ship items to Brazil...period.

Are you printing your postage through ebay? You can get tracking included with the price of the postage. I've had international chargebacks cut by about 95% since I've been using it. It's kinda a pain because you have to go in one at a time and print the postage but at least you have proof that you dropped it in the mail since your PO has to scan it when you drop it off. It's pretty inexpensive (in the $2-4 range for most countries).
-- Andy

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

trauty said:
Are you printing your postage through ebay? You can get tracking included with the price of the postage. I've had international chargebacks cut by about 95% since I've been using it. It's kinda a pain because you have to go in one at a time and print the postage but at least you have proof that you dropped it in the mail since your PO has to scan it when you drop it off. It's pretty inexpensive (in the $2-4 range for most countries).
-- Andy

I tried printing my postage through ebay and taking it to the post office and they didn't accept the form that I filled out on the computer....

If I remember correctly the window ended up printing really small...it was big enough to read though. So I just take all my international packages to the post office now.

You ship first class international through ebay and the post office takes it? How do you ensure the post office accepts it? I would love to print my international labels through ebay like I do the US.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008

The last few days I had emails asking if I shipped to...Russia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil.
Told them all that I don't ship out of the US anymore. Its just too easy to get burned by shipping over seas.
I tried Italy last yr and got burned AGAIN!

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008

It's a huge hassle that you just cross your fingers and hope it arrives--and that the recipient is honest. I won't ship cards out of the US, but I sent other items to Brazil once. Around the 45 day mark the buyer said he still had not received his items. He was polite about it but was going to open a dispute for item not received. He messaged me on day 59 telling me it arrived.

Guessing they just have the worst postal system down there. Maybe the postmen are too distracted from all the hot women in Brazil?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008

Zithy said:
It's a huge hassle that you just cross your fingers and hope it arrives--and that the recipient is honest. I won't ship cards out of the US, but I sent other items to Brazil once. Around the 45 day mark the buyer said he still had not received his items. He was polite about it but was going to open a dispute for item not received. He messaged me on day 59 telling me it arrived.

Guessing they just have the worst postal system down there. Maybe the postmen are too distracted from all the hot women in Brazil?

Same thing happened to me with the others I refunded...around the 45 day mark they stated they had not received their item and wanted to open a dispute.

This bastard just decided to drop 4 negatives on me with no warning.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

Carl,
You can ship International Priority through ebay/paypal and use Small Flat Rate boxes. To Brazil they are $13.25 flat cost no matter the weight. The label that prints also includes the customs form. It's pretty seamless. We can talk about it tonight when you stop by to pick up some cards. I'll give you some flat rate boxes that I have and show you how to order them for free.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
UPDATE: Well the guy from Brazil messaged me today (3 months later) and said he got his games. He can't remove the feedback b/c it's been 30 days since he dropped the N-bombs on me. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I used to work for the American Airlines cargo 800 number. I would cringe when someone would book a shipment to Sao Paulo because I knew there was a large chance it would go missing at the destination. I remember a woman calling in to book a TV and wanted to know what she could do to make sure it arrived. I told her to pack securely and purchase insurance. She said she always did, but this was the third TV she was shipping and just wanted it to get to her family. I forgot to check on the progress of that shipment. I wonder if they ever got their TV.

Never saw the same rate of loss Rio or to other South American cities, though, or really anywhere else. Mafia had GRU on lockdown, I guess.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
markakis8 said:

Can't you contact e-bay and forward them the e-mail to have the Neg's removed?

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
My parents used to live in Brazil.
To put things short, if you ship there, send UPS or FEDEX if not things like this will happen EVERY time.
Their postal service is HORRIBLE and tons of stuff gets stolen.
Sorry to here about the neg.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Pine Tar said:
markakis8 said:

Tried and failed miserably.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
markakis8 said:
Pine Tar said:
markakis8 said:

Tried and failed miserably.

................Since you cant remove the neg's..is it too late to leave follow-up feedback to feedback left?? Might not help you with the neg problem per se, but if the buyer can leave some follow-up "GREAT" feedback at least others can see, yes the items in question did indeed get to the buyer..Hell couldnt hurt to try!!

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
Seiya said:
Don't ship internationally ever.

Posts from 1990.
I can assure you shipping internationally is not a problem depending where you ship.
Brazil is HIGH RISK, Europe is not a risk (neither ie Japan).
Again, depends on country and buyer (feedback).

Members online

Latest posts