Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need some help; looking for case of baseballs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
basically the story is I just got back from Cuba on Tuesday on loved it.

Plan on going back within the next 6 months and going to a game in Villa Clara (The Naranjes the team Yuniesky Betancourt and Rolondo Arrojo played for and where El Duque and Livan Hernandez were born).

What I would like to do is get a case of balls and pass them out to some kids at the stadium since a baseball is very rare for a child to have.

I am not sure what I should be paying and where I should be purchasing them so I figured some of you may know since you buy balls by the case for autos.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
I'd imagine your best bet would be to go to a sporting goods store or WalMart or something like that. Are you looking for OMLB balls or just baseballs? Shipping on them would probably negate most of the discount you'd get buying them by the case online...they're heavy.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
maybe contact a local minor league team and see if they would be willing to donate some balls.

cant hurt to ask. Worst thing they can say is NO.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
JzWand said:
What I would like to do is get a case of balls and pass them out to some kids at the stadium since a baseball is very rare for a child to have.

Where are you located? I just "inherited" a box of new little league baseballs. I haven't really looked at them, but I'm guessing they're el-cheap-o. I'd probably be willing to donate them if you cover shipping, which I could research first.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
All In Cards said:
maybe contact a local minor league team and see if they would be willing to donate some balls.

cant hurt to ask. Worst thing they can say is NO.

Thsi is a good idea and I would go this route but

a) I am just outside of Toronto so there is no local minor league team

and

b) wouldnt any minor league team turn down my request once I mentioned I was taking the balls to Cuba to distribute them (even though I am not selling them)?

Pretty sure that goes against the US embargo and I dont see any US based company helping me out there!

Also I am not necessarily looking for a donation.
I have no problem paying out of my own pocket since a baseball there is comparable to a few days pay (average person only get $20-$25/month after the govt takes their cut).

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
VizquelCollector.com said:
JzWand said:

Where are you located? I just "inherited" a box of new little league baseballs. I haven't really looked at them, but I'm guessing they're el-cheap-o. I'd probably be willing to donate them if you cover shipping, which I could research first.

I am located in Canada (just west of Toronto).

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
I also plan on bringing base cards of Contreras, Livan and Orlando Hernandez, Betancourt and some Arrojo's to pass out to the kids at the stadium.

By the way a ticket to most games will run you $3 or so.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
^^^^ thanks for the advise. That may be my best option!

By the way if anyone has any questions about Cuba lmk.

I did not go on any tours since that's not my thing but I spoke with many employees about their life in general and of course baseball as its most definitely an ice breaker their.

Latest posts