Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My 2011 Christmas Packs Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Hello everyone,

For the past seven years I have tried to exert self control by saving 365 packs each year (one per each day) and opening them on Christmas evening. It is the annual "gift to myself" project. I started this because I grew tired of asking for cards for Christmas only to find none under the tree. Most of the time, my loved ones just had no idea what kind or type to get me. Throughout the year I gather these packs and boxes and keep them where I can see them. I OPEN NO PACKS ON ANY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR. I get them from major retailers Blowout/DA, the LCS and even a handful from shows. Normally I do all hobby, but this year I have decided to also include retail rack packs and blasters from Target and Wal-Mart. My favorite part is sorting through these packs from time to time and imagining the possibilities. I also try to get as many different brands as possible, although none are junk (Upper Deck Victory, Topps Opening Day, etc.) To date, I have 171 packs from all of the major sports. Most of the packs are from 2011, although I do have quite a few from 2010 and before. The day after Thanksgiving will also be a feast because I will be scouring the internet for the best deals. Just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the project and hopefully encouraging some of y'all to do the same. It's really incredibly fun and I'm counting down the days! Thanks for reading.

James

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
That is awesome! I did something like that last March/April. We were going on a trip so I saved up as many packs as I could. I think I had 50 or so. I got nothing.

I hope you get good stuff from them!

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Thanks! The most fun just comes from opening the packs. Any big "pulls" are just a nice bonus. My best last year was an Adrian Peterson three-color auto patch from 2010 Topps Unrivaled.

cparker94

Apr 17, 2010
I tried self control once. Saved one Topps box from each year going back to 1977 through 2000. Then one day I caved and opened every single one of those packs. It was fun but I wish I hadn't done that. I would much rather had the boxes than the cards I got! :)

Craig from Texas

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Great idea James! PM me your address & i'll send you a pack courtesy of All-stars Collectibles :D

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Now that I completed my 1933 DeLong project, I will now turn my attention to my Christmas Packs. Wanted to give my annual pre-Thanksgiving update. I now have 210 packs (155 to go) from about 40-50 different sets from each major sport. When my wife ran out of candy for Halloween, I DID open about 20 loose retail packs to keep us from running to the store....the blaster's and racks have not been touched. Am hoping for some great "Black Friday" sales from D&A, Blowout or somewhere else.

Members online

Latest posts