Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

sneak preview.... 2011 LEAF VALIANT ICHIRO ON-CARD AUTOGRAPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
ICHIRO.jpg

Rainbow anyone?
BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Those are IN HAND, LIVE, ON CARD AUTOGRAPHS.

We are attempting to get some of the Ultimate Premium Patches (redemptions in Metal) done in Japanese.
BG

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
His auto sure hasn't changed since back when he was in one of the Sweet Spot products, it looks like the 'my left foot guy' signed it, but they sure do sell!!

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Casebusters said:
Is that really his signature or just for promotional purposes??
but nice cards!!
and will there be any cards signed in Japanese ?

Yup, that's his signature all right. I've only seen his Japanese autos from his playing days in Japan.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Uofo2212 said:
Wow, those look great, why all the hating around here?

Because they look exactly like Crusades, as Ian Stewart's scans show.
I have nothing against Leaf or the owner Brian, but why rip off the design?
It's almost like Brian read all of the FCB posts about how popular Crusades are and then thought, "I'll copy the Crusades design 100% and call them 'Valiant' and they'll be as popular as Crusades.
It just seems lazy and uncreative.
Leaf scored with Ichiro autographs. Why not have a completely new design instead of copying Donruss' product, which of course I know was with Leaf.

Uofo2212

Aug 8, 2008
Why mess with something that works.......not everything needs to be new and original, there are occasions when the original can be remade better than before. Auto's and Ichiro make these better. The answer is real easy, if you don't like it don't buy it. No need to knock on Leaf as I would garner a bet that product line will sell out. Hell Topps has been doing remakes for years now, yet their stuff still sells well.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
First, no company besides Leaf has figured our how to make cards with this technology (as the original vendor is out of business). In person, you will see it is the 13 year old technology on steroids.....

Second, people have been begging for the return of this technology. The market waited patiently for 13 years.
We received TONS of requests for this type of set. I am merely delivering what tons of people want and no one else can deliver.

Lastly, a few haters will not deter my mission:

Give them what they want.
Give it to them how and when they want it.
Give it to them with a fair price.

If you don't like it, don't buy it...

We have had Tons of people tell us VALIANT is equally (and in some cases more) beautiful than it's inspiration 13 years ago.

I stand by my goal to deliver what collectors want. BG

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Austin said:
Uofo2212 said:
Wow, those look great, why all the hating around here?

Because they look exactly like Crusades, as Ian Stewart's scans show.
I have nothing against Leaf or the owner Brian, but why rip off the design?
It's almost like Brian read all of the FCB posts about how popular Crusades are and then thought, "I'll copy the Crusades design 100% and call them 'Valiant' and they'll be as popular as Crusades.
It just seems lazy and uncreative.
Leaf scored with Ichiro autographs. Why not have a completely new design instead of copying Donruss' product?

He didn't copy them 100%. Those griffens are CLEARLY facing away from each other!

But I still want one. I don't think Brian is out there saying these AREN'T different from Crusade. That would be akin to Vanilla Ice saying he didn't rip off David Bowie.

Status
Not open for further replies.