Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greinke: Cards' Carpenter has 'phony attitude'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
pujols5hof said:
they wouldnt say crap like that if carp was toeing the rubber for them tomorrow night

They are going to face Carpenter soon enough, what's the difference? Carpenter has been fairly mediocre all year long, despite one good playoff outing.

skrip

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I thought most people didn't like Carp. Berkman even hinted to as much when he played for Houston. It's not any different than people getting sick of K-Rod's fist-pump, or the Brewers beast mode, or Carlos Zambrano's existance, or anyone who has to listen to LaRussa talk.

But you could put the Brewres' 40-man roster in front of me, give me 39 guesses as to who would call someone out first before the next series, and I still wouldn't have guessed Greinke.

You're absolutely right though. I would have no problem with Carp on my team. He put the Cards in the playoffs, then put them in the NLCS.

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
ballerskrip said:
pujols5hof said:
they wouldnt say crap like that if carp was toeing the rubber for them tomorrow night

They are going to face Carpenter soon enough, what's the difference? Carpenter has been fairly mediocre all year long, despite one good playoff outing.

skrip

he's been pretty stellar after mid june actually. oh yeah, he threw an 8-0 shutout to clinch the wild card too.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
pujols5hof said:
ballerskrip said:
pujols5hof said:

skrip

he's been pretty stellar after mid june actually. oh yeah, he threw an 8-0 shutout to clinch the wild card too.

I was just stating that he was much more like Matt Garza than Roy Halladay.

skrip

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Since the All Star Break:
RK Player Team W? L ERA G GS SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO AVG WHIP
1 Carpenter, C STL 7 2 2.98 15 15 0 0 108.2 103 36 36 6 24 95 .249 1.17

He's been pretty good from what I've seen.

RedsFan2993

Jul 14, 2010
ballerskrip said:
nosterbor said:
Zack Greinke calls out Chris Carpenter.
Are all the boob crew a bunch of ass holes?
http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/st ... -carpenter

So, Greinke said out loud what most baseball fans already think? Good for him. Carpenter is a d-bag, bottom line.

skrip

Yep, and not just to players on other teams. He's a big ****** to his defense behind him too, staring at them if they don't make the play he wants. Last year, he took Brendan Ryan over to the side of the dugout and talked to him like a child because Ryan was "distracting him". He's been a good pitcher, but he has a horrible attitude.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Ryan The Orange said:
Carpenter can be an idiot sometimes.

LaRussa can be an idiot sometimes.

Morgan is an idiot all the time.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19859547

It seems like these Cardinals-Brewers threads are the new Red Sox-Yankees threads.

Call a Cardinals player out, Brewers player gets called out. And vice versa.

We get it, most Cardinals fans are idiots and most Brewers players enjoying playing the game.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Anthony K. said:
Ryan The Orange":3hksmvjl]Carpenter can be an idiot sometimes. LaRussa can be an idiot sometimes. Morgan is an idiot all the time. [url="http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19859547 said:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19859547[/url]

It seems like these Cardinals-Brewers threads are the new Red Sox-Yankees threads.

We get it, most Cardinals fans are idiots and most Brewers players enjoying playing the game.[/quote:3hksmvjl]

You got it.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
RedsFan2993 said:
ballerskrip said:
nosterbor said:
Zack Greinke calls out Chris Carpenter.
Are all the boob crew a bunch of ass holes?
http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/st ... -carpenter

So, Greinke said out loud what most baseball fans already think? Good for him. Carpenter is a d-bag, bottom line.

skrip

Yep, and not just to players on other teams. He's a big ****** to his defense behind him too, staring at them if they don't make the play he wants. Last year, he took Brendan Ryan over to the side of the dugout and talked to him like a child because Ryan was "distracting him". He's been a good pitcher, but he has a horrible attitude.

Brendan Ryan is literally the only player he's ever done that to. That's because Brendan Ryan was completely immature on and off the field. Great defender, but immature.

The entire team loves Carp because he's a warrior. Carp is still the Cardinals ace this year, and without him, they would not be in the playoffs. I do agree that if he's not on your team you might not like him, but if he is, you love him. I don't see him as a ******, I just see him as a fierce competitor.

As for Greinke, he's the wrong guy to be talking. He's one of the easiest targets in the MLB.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Advice for Carpenter:

haterbatman.jpg

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
Anthony K. said:
We get it, some Brewers fans are idiots and all Cardinal players enjoying playing the game.

sarcasm intended or not, FIXED :lol:

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Ryan The Orange said:
Advice for Carpenter:

haterbatman.jpg

Funny, these are the same type of posts Brewer fans were ridiculed for posting last night in the Nyjer hate threads. I can't wait for this series. Prediction for tomorrow 6-2 Brew Crew. Hopefully Greinke's bite matches his bark.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here's Grienke's quote from the news conference from ESPN.com:
"They think his presence, his attitude out there sometimes is like a phony attitude," Greinke said. "And then he yells at people. He just stares people down and stuff. And most pitchers just don't do that. And when guys do, I guess some hitters get mad. Some hitters do it to pitchers. But when you do that some people will get mad."

When I read this (and saw the news conference on MLB TV), it just makes hitters look like *******.
A pitcher can't stare down batters? Are you kidding me?
Tell that to Bob Gibson, or Dave Stewart, or Nolan Ryan, or Don Drysdale (RIP), or Tom Seaver, etc.
Poor baby batters don't like a big mean pitcher staring them down.
CRYING_SMILEY.gif
CRYING_SMILEY.gif
CRYING_SMILEY.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts