Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Howard has ruptured achillies tendon, may miss all of 2012.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
huge loss for the Phillies - not an injury I'd wish on anyone.

please remove all belts and shoelaces from the Reid household.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
The 5 years, $125M remaining on his contract make this look even worse than just his lost production for a period of time. He's coming off the worst two full years in his career, and will be coming off a major industry. I feel bad for Phillies fans right now

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
tommyfro21 said:
So will the Phillies go after Prince Fielder now? ;)

I somehow doubt the Phillies will want to be paying $50m a year for the first base position for the next five seasons.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hate to see anyone get injured at any point in the season... doesn't get much rougher than this.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
mredsox89 said:
The 5 years, $125M remaining on his contract make this look even worse than just his lost production for a period of time. He's coming off the worst two full years in his career, and will be coming off a major industry. I feel bad for Phillies fans right now

HA not me!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I'm a little jaded and bitter right now, but the silver lining for me is that this should get Mayberry consistent playing time at first base in 2012 and it will open up left field for Dom Brown without any BS platoon. Brown just needs to know the job is his and I think he'll be fine. We'll miss you Howard (sort of), but hey, he'll probably be back in time for the playoffs next year and he'll be in line to make the last out of a third consecutive season...

Members online