Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is PSA's "quick opinion" option for autographs worth while?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Never used the service before, has anybody else?

Looking at buying an autographed jersey, which is COA'd by ***. I already know the reputation of *** which is why im looking at other options. It look legit to me but im certainly no expert.

Worth the $7.49?

Thanks

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
They are indeed worth it, especially since you can get the $ back if you submit the item for full authentication. I do agree with the statement above though, as they do tend to auto-reject items from ***, STAT, and other such companies, usually with good reason.

Jastermereel said:
The thing is that they tend to auto-reject stuff from authenticators that are deemed "lesser."

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
Thanks for the reply. If I did buy it and submitted it for full review, would they review it or reject it based on the *** sticker?

Sean_C said:
They are indeed worth it, especially since you can get the $ back if you submit the item for full authentication. I do agree with the statement above though, as they do tend to auto-reject items from ***, STAT, and other such companies, usually with good reason.

Jastermereel said:
The thing is that they tend to auto-reject stuff from authenticators that are deemed "lesser."

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Someone did an experiment. They bought items already authenticated (either by PSA or JSA, can't recall) and removed the authentication. They then submitted them to a lesser company, and they passed. They then resubmitted the same items back to PSA or JSA with the lesser company authentication attached and they were rejected.

Draw your own conclusion.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
No idea for certain, but I do think that a *** cert tends to cause suspicion. I know I'd crack any *** certified autograph card out of it's holder before sending it in to PSA/DNA or JSA .

Thumpersports said:
Thanks for the reply. If I did buy it and submitted it for full review, would they review it or reject it based on the *** sticker?

Sean_C said:

Jastermereel said:

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I used that on the most expensive historical auto I ever bought, they said it was good so I bought it then sent it to JSA and it passed there too.

Members online

Latest posts